Council house final offer

You're right, it is a bidding system, but some people either don't bid, or bid for inappropriate properties. There's a real shortage of houses, but some people don't want to bid on flats or maisonettes even though they are big enough. If someone makes no proper attempt to get a property by bidding, then Sheffield Homes are within their rights to offer them one, or even remove their priority.

this girl has bid evey week for 16 weeks , last week she bid on 3 properties 1 2bed house and 2 2 bed flats. all in her area .they gave her this other property ,which is out of her area and she did not bid on . just been to look at it , she would have to go through a pub car park at the back of the shops to gain access . the flat has shared parking with the pub. brilliant for a mother and seven week old child dont you think.?

I am confused :confused: I thought you had to have three refusals to lose your status or place on the waiting list.....I am probably well out of touch with this.....has she refused any other property or is this the first she has been offered. :D

this girl has bid evey week for 16 weeks , last week she bid on 3 properties 1 2bed house and 2 2 bed flats. all in her area .they gave her this other property ,which is out of her area and she did not bid on . just been to look at it , she would have to go through a pub car park at the back of the shops to gain access . the flat has shared parking with the pub. brilliant for a mother and seven week old child dont you think.?

It wasn't mentioned in your first post that she had bid. You also mention 'in her area', if 'her area' is one of high demand it may not be viable to wait - as she has priority, eg urgent need of housing. However, you'll have noticed that I also posted this

A flat above a pub certainly doesn't seem ideal. If the girl needs help and advice about her rights, she could do worse than contact Shelter. They have a free advice phone line, 8am - midnight every day. Here's the number: 0808 800 4444

It would be best for her to get independent advice/support from housing experts like Shelter.

I Recently Got A New Neighbour ..// A Single 40+ Lady From Nottingham 2..BED HOUSE Only Had To Wait On Housing List For A Month

Any One Else Has To Wait 10 Years On The List To Live Where I Am......s12 .........its Totaly Not On

I Recently Got A New Neighbour ..// A Single 40+ Lady From Nottingham 2..BED HOUSE Only Had To Wait On Housing List For A Month

Any One Else Has To Wait 10 Years On The List To Live Where I Am......s12 .........its Totaly Not On

There may be good (and confidential) reasons why this lady moved from Nottingham, domestic or other abuse perhaps? If she only waited 2 months she certainly didn't get rehoused on waiting time, she must have been given priority status. Do you know exactly what her circumstances were to be given this move? If you think that she has lied to get special treatment then I would first of all complain to Sheffield Homes, and also to my councillors.

If she has a car then shared parking could be a good thing, it's much better than no parking. just a thought.

If someone is on the priority list and in urgent need of housing they shouldnt be too picky about where they are looking. She should have thought about finding a house/flat before having a baby. As for living near a pub so what. Loads of kids are brought up in flats above pubs and shops at least it has parking. Beggars im afraid can not be choosers.

I am confused :confused: I thought you had to have three refusals to lose your status or place on the waiting list.....I am probably well out of touch with this.....has she refused any other property or is this the first she has been offered. :D

this was her first and as the letter states final offer.

If she has a car then shared parking could be a good thing, it's much better than no parking. just a thought.

yes lovely getting out of the car in a car park full of drunks outside having a fag . living in a flat with gangs of hoodies 8 feet below. mind you she can always nip down stairs to the chippy where some one was stabbed to death. or sit in the nice sunshine in the car park where someone was shot in the head . the only reason she has been offered this flat is no one else would take it. no one at all bid for it.

There may be good (and confidential) reasons why this lady moved from Nottingham, domestic or other abuse perhaps? If she only waited 2 months she certainly didn't get rehoused on waiting time, she must have been given priority status. Do you know exactly what her circumstances were to be given this move? If you think that she has lied to get special treatment then I would first of all complain to Sheffield Homes, and also to my councillors.

I have a little knowledge of this, as my friend moved from the Midlands to Sheffield, to flee domestic violence. She was given priority due to the violence and the fact she had a young daughter, but she still had to show she would have a viable life in Sheff; ie friends and family in the area. I think the council would be able to determine a lie, they check with police and other authorities. It was two months before she was given a flat, and it wasn't in very good condition, but she had to take it, as refusing would have put her at the bottom of the list.

I have a little knowledge of this, as my friend moved from the Midlands to Sheffield, to flee domestic violence. She was given priority due to the violence and the fact she had a young daughter, but she still had to show she would have a viable life in Sheff; ie friends and family in the area. I think the council would be able to determine a lie, they check with police and other authorities. It was two months before she was given a flat, and it wasn't in very good condition, but she had to take it, as refusing would have put her at the bottom of the list.

Exactly the type of situation I meant. But often people only hear what they want to hear, or the person concerned may have reasons for not telling the whole story, but will get judged anyway. I assumed that dj sie thought there was something fishy about her new neighbour getting rehoused. It is extremely difficult to get rehoused in another city/town unless there is very good reason.

if the council deem the house or flat suitable for her needs then the area it is in is of no consequence to them. it is the accommodation that is suitable noy the area. you only get one offer when you are homless if you refuse you will be deemed to have made yourself intentionally homeless and you will be removed from the homeless list. the bidding system is completely useless I bet you can count on one hand the people who have actually bidded and got the house or flat they bid for over the last 12 months it is a publicity stunt dreamt up by the council th make it look like ppl have a choice when in fact they have none. I challenge anybody to post on this forum if they have ever made a bid on a property that was succesful and they got the property they bid for.I BET no more than five replies covering the last 12 months any takers