How nice it is to EAT...

Oh dear I am totaly confused now, I am on the list for a gastric bypass at the Hallamshire. But have also been looking into having a gastric balloon, not on nhs. I am a very very large girl and need to do something to be a healthier Mum. I am not doing it for cosmetic reasons at all.

My fave food is fruit and I know this is no good with the bypass or fiburous meat, I will have to crush all my medication as the hole will not take things as big as tablets,

It just doesnt sound a very healthy way of loosing weight, what does anyone else think

floral the first thing really is everyone is diffrent i had my op becuase of medical complicatins which ment my life expecsantcy was about 10 years and at 29 years old that is quite a kick in the head

the bypass is the most radical op of its kind its a one stop shop and its not reversable.most other types can either be adjusted or reversed. i dont really want to go into the horror story of my op in the open forum because really after living through it it can only be classed as living in hell and i dont want to scare anyone who is possibly going to have this op(lets face it the doctors do a good enough job of this) but 3 years on im living a normal life(well as normal as anyone how has lyndix as a frined) and i can eat almost anything as long as im sencible with what where any what it will do to me and yes i can even have a bacon butty if i want one. but as i previously said its all down to the individual and how they cope with the op and even how well they recover from it, i do know a lady who had the op at the same time of me was still eating mush while i was chomping on steak. i made it my mission in life to be able to eat every iten on the banned list so maybe its just because im a pig headed git. if you or anyone wants to talk about this please feel free to contact me as i know how scary this subject can be

Very pleased for you Julado:).

Can you pass on some tips on how to enjoy food please?:hihi:

thats easy get somthing that is very good for you then add somthing that is very bad for you for taste lol

o yes and stuff that crap about having to crush or have liquid medication i just pop the pills the taste otherwise makes you want to hurl

Elvis found a really successful diet,I saw him the other day.not a ounce of fat on him

o yes and stuff that crap about having to crush or have liquid medication i just pop the pills the taste otherwise makes you want to hurl

The problem with that is that medication in pill form can get stuck in the pouch and that can lead to ulcers....I have spent ten years on soluble or liquid medication only....which is interesting when it comes to anti-biotics (rare occasion I add here)....I end up with that kiddy stuff that tastes nice only in a double dose!!!!:D

Elvis found a really successful diet,I saw him the other day.not a ounce of fat on him

We shall all be on THAT diet one day Rotherhamer.....even you.....I just don't want it to be quite yet or to see it as a final solution!!!:D

The problem with that is that medication in pill form can get stuck in the pouch and that can lead to ulcers....I have spent ten years on soluble or liquid medication only....which is interesting when it comes to anti-biotics (rare occasion I add here)....I end up with that kiddy stuff that tastes nice only in a double dose!!!!:D

Think yourself lucky - there are other ways of taking anti-biotics, other than orally! As I found out when I was in hospital and picked up some sort of infection and temperature and puked everything up.

Unfortunately, when the nurse gave me the damn thing in one of those little cups, she didn't mention it was not for oral consumption! Luckily, I happened to remark that I thought I'd have a bit of bovver swallowing it, let alone keeping it down. That's when she kindly informed me it was for insertion - not swallowing!! :hihi:

Very pleased for you Julado:).

Can you pass on some tips on how to enjoy food please?:hihi:

I wish I could Ash...I know you have problems with food too.....albeit completely different circumstances. We shall have to organise a "those who have issues around food" foodie meet :D - providing we could find a venue that suited everyone and we didn't tread on StageWalkers toes as I know he is the foodie meet organiser on SF....:D

Think yourself lucky - there are other ways of taking anti-biotics, other than orally! As I found out when I was in hospital and picked up some sort of infection and temperature and puked everything up.

Unfortunately, when the nurse gave me the damn thing in one of those little cups, she didn't mention it was not for oral consumption! Luckily, I happened to remark that I thought I'd have a bit of bovver swallowing it, let alone keeping it down. That's when she kindly informed me it was for insertion - not swallowing!! :hihi:

I was recently offered painkillers based on that method....why do you think I was home by half nine when I only come round from surgery at half five :lol:

You know I wasnt getting at you Julado,how could I do that after I offered to hold your hand in the operating theatre:cool:

oops sorry Julado I quoted the wrong quote

That's OK my friend....would you like me to come and hold your hand in that home for the permanently baffled! :lol: