Pubs on Park Hill/Hyde Park/Kelvin

It's amazing to think that each complex had all these pubs and people actually went in them! ...

Why is it amazing to think that?

The Scottish Queen was round the back, on the road that runs from the tram bridge, I think.

Why is it amazing to think that?

Because when I lived in Sheffield (2003/2004) Kelvin had been knocked down, Hyde Park didn't seem to have a pub, and Park Hill looked completely derelict. Just hard to imagine the place being full of life when it looks in such a sorry state now!

Correctimundo, the Hyde Park pubs were indeed the Earl Francis, The Target, The Crow's Nest, and the Samuel Plimsoll.

the Park Hill pubs were the Parkway, the Link, the Scottish Queen, and the Earl George.

yes, the SQ was halfway up the PHF, on the frontage to South Street.

Didn't have a lot to do with the kelvin pubs, I don't remember the Gateefield much at all, but I definitely remember the Halfpenny. Whereabouts on the K was the Gatefield? I remember the HP being near the joining-bridges between the two blocks, on the bottom floor, near the housing office. My memory is failing me, were there shops there, on the Kelvin, like on the Pavement and High Pavement rows on HP and PHF? or were the only shopsthere the ones which were on Upperthorpe and on Infirmary Road?

The Earl Francis was still open in 1994 (the last time I went in there), but was dying on its feet. Park Hill is empty, and due to be refurbished.

I lived on the hyde park for a while around 1985 and worked in the crows nest and target as a dj. crows nest on wednesdays and the Target on fridays.

Brian and Barbra had the crows two great people and the target was owned by two gay men both of them fine.

the customers were great as well,only remember the occasional scrap,never got involved.

Made some great friends.

the last i knew of Brian and Barbra they had a sweet stall in Sheffield Castle market a few years a go,but now moved on.

I'm looking for info on the 2 pubs at Kelvin. Out of all the pubs mentioned these 2 have the least info available. Did anyone use them? Does anyone remember the landlords? Does anyone have pictures? Any help appreciated for my research ?

The Earl Francis was still open in 1994 (the last time I went in there), but was dying on its feet. Park Hill is empty, and due to be refurbished.

My brother in law kept the Earl Francis Ken and Mary Sheldon,also had the Gatefield on Kelvin,another brother in law opened the Samuel Plimsoll in the 70s, Bill and Lilly Hatton.