Logs / Firewood needed. Tree Surgeons?

Well it's getting a bit nippy and we need to stock up on firewood for the open fire.

Anyone know the best way to get a large quantity of wood delivered? (Meersbrook)

I was thinking maybe tree surgeons as it's probably just waste to them? I know garages sell small bags, but they're expensive and I don't drive so it's not really an option.

Thanks.

We're looking for logs too for our fire... any recommendations of anyone giving any away would be helpful...

Does the place on Abbey lane sell them or are they just trying to get rid of them?

Thx.

Its a saw mill, operated by the council I think, sells things made out of wood and often has a sign saying firewood which I occasionally notice if the sign is still out as I drive past on way home from work. I don't have a wood burning fire, so have not paid more attention than this.

The mill on Abbeylane is excellent. We used to get our fuel from petrol stations but it was expensive and you got small amounts. The Abbeylane mill is much cheaper and you get a lot more fuel for your money, they also do coal as well as wood, although I am not sure if they do delivery or not.

I found a coal delivery company on Yell.com a few years back that I called and arranged a delivery of fuel within a few days. Could be worth a try.

You could try L J Timber on Clay Wheels Lane at Hillsborough. They have loads of logs and wood chip. They don't charge either, you can have as much as you like. Only problem is they don't deliver you have to go fetch it yourself.

Well it's getting a bit nippy and we need to stock up on firewood for the open fire.

Anyone know the best way to get a large quantity of wood delivered? (Meersbrook)

I was thinking maybe tree surgeons as it's probably just waste to them? I know garages sell small bags, but they're expensive and I don't drive so it's not really an option.

Thanks.

you could try my hubby, he's also local to you (Meersbrook) and a tree surgeon so could always drop off on his way home, rather than you wait for him to have a delivery slot free. Pm with your contact number if you would like him to deliver some.

I have loads of firewood logs for sale at £2 per 10 kilo bag (i believe they are £3 at the saw mill) I can deliver anywhere in sheffield. Please pm for further details.

I've got a boxful or couple of binbags full you can have- we chopped a conifer up ages ago and intended to use the branches for firewood outdoors but never did. If you want to collect from S11 you're welcome - PM me

I would love some of the logs at £2 a bag - is this new wood or is it seasoned?