Strange Coincidences

I suppose a lot of our friends on the forum will have sceptical thoughts, but here goes, I was 12yrs old ,and was coming out of the Tivoli Cinema in Union St, my pal was looking at the photos of actors on the foyer walls, there was tall plants there with slender leaves, one was bent in half and I was trying to loop it over another and a big hand of the usher grabbed me , saying the manager want s you , we've been waiting to catch the culprit no way would they believe us , names and adds; were taken and a letter from the police came to call in , unless 2/6 damages were paid the manager was to prosecute we paid, no money to take action in those days,The thurs; night blitz a few yrs later did a bit more it was hit , and about 3yrs later our firm sent4 of us to repair and turn the Tivoli into shops we repaired all that block Levys ,Army stores,Herbalists, Hobbies, the dance place. We were lunching sat on a batten almost in the same place in the foyer, the new boy that morning was to be measured [a n old ritual] a piece of wood behind, head close to this board and the board hit with a hammer I was the one with the hammer, the lad ran out crying, we were still laughing, when a heavy hand grabbed me from behind swinging me round and asking "What are you playing at" it was his dad who worked across the rd , the other occasion came back and I was in a trance and could not speak and flopped down crying myself, my mates were speech less as i HAD TOLD THEM about my other experience earlier that morning,[ Anyone beat that?] Arthur.

Hi Arthur, I don't think this will beat yours but it's a story anyhow - many years ago I was watching a horror film with my parents, sitting in the dark.Maybe Hill House, I think, but I'm not sure. My toddler brother was asleep in bed. In the film, there was a lot of banging on the walls and doors were rattling, then silence. Just then, our stairs door creaked open slowly and my brother wandered in, sleepwalking. We were terrified. A few years later, the same film was on, and at exactly the same point, my sleepwalking brother did the same again! We were totally freaked out.

me and my elder brother were walking up the Moor during the black out and we got half way up and I said, " ay Geoff " , " mi names not Geoff ", " what tha talkin' abart " , " mi names Joe, " Gerrout what's up wi thi. Nowt up wi me mi names Joe. My brother had stopped to tie his shoe laces and this bloke had walked beside me thinking I was his wife until he heard my voice. His wife was talking to our Geoff thinking he was Joe.

During the Blitz me and Geoff were in the picture palace in Heeley, the one by the railway bridge. The sign went up, The air raid sirens have sounded those wishing to leave etc. it was a Micket Rooney film. We saw it through then came out into the Foyer and everybody was weeping. What's up I said to a woman, they're dropping bloody bombs on us, just then we heard a loud whistle/scream it was a massive bomb which had fallen further up Chesterfield road. Our Geoff shouts come on run for it straight into the arms of a great big lovely copper who carried us to a shelter under the bridge.

Several years ago we purchased our house here in Holland Landing , Ontario . The house was built around 1975 and prior to this house being built , I am told , there was an old farm house on exactly the same location .

As a sideline to my real job I repair antique clocks . My workshop is located in the basement of our home . I had a customer , who lives roughly 60 miles from me , ship a clock to me for repair . After dismantling the clock I noticed scratched on the back of the dial an address and date ( 1957) , and the address being the same as our present address . Apparently , this clock had been owned at one time by the owners of the previous house that was on this location . This sat me back in my chair . I offered to buy the clock but unfortunately the owner would not part with it . Still trying though .

..six years ago i was driving round an area in sheffield looking for empty properties to move into/purchase...i was only doing maybe 15 mph as i was looking for houses on the road..from nowhere this young girl (9-10 years old) rode out from between parked cars on her bike straight in front of the car..my wing mirror caught her and the bike sending them onto the grass at the side of the road..i jumped from the car and fortunately the girl was ok but for a small bump to her head..the bike was a mess tho...she was clearly in shock so i picked up the bike and got the girl to show me where she lived so i could tell the parents...she led me a few hundred yards further on to her house..i explained what had happened and took the phone number so i could check if she was still ok the next day...anyway...i called every day for the next week to see if all was still good (kept seeing the accident in my head and although i wasnt at blame, i still felt really guilty and concerned).

A few months later i got an offer to go and view a council house that had become vacant....it sounded ideal..just the area i wanted... got to the address one day.... it was the house the little girl had lived at before... i moved in, and am still here 6 years later....bit coincidental i reckon...:suspect:

I love a good coincidence story so heres mine. I was brought up in council maisonette, the address was 40 Foxhill Ave, i lived

there for eight years till I was 10.

Many years later after I had been married for about 10 years and by this time was living in Dinnington a strange thing occured.I came home from work and saw a scrap of paper on the kitchen side, I looked at it and saw a name and address on it, I cant remember the name but the address was 40 Foxhill Ave, when I asked my hubby where it was from he explained he had been driving his bus in Sheffield when one of the passengers had an accident, my hubby had to get a witness, the witness just happened to live in the house I had lived in all those years ago, I was absolutely gobbed smacked, he had no idea that I had lived there till I told him that day.Spookee

Some years ago myself and three friends were in the Station Hotel at Kiveton Park for the quiz on a Tuesday night. One question was, "Who wrote the book The Throwback?" Although I didn't know, another of our team did and the answer was, Tom Sharpe. During the interval he was telling me what a good book it is and that I should try and get a copy. Now I read a lot of books but very rarely fiction so had no intention of reading this one.

The following Sunday I went to visit my elderly mother and while there my brother arrived too. After a pot of tea and a chat he got up to leave and said. "Oh, I almost forgot, I've brought you a book, thought you might like it". Then pulled out of his pocket The Throwback by Tom Sharpe.

When we first came to Oz, I got into the habit of going to the pub after work each day just for a couple, which didn't please the wife much.

Before leaving the UK I had worked with an Aussie who was working his way around the world, one day the wife complained that I was late home & I said I had met this bloke down the pub & we had been talking, it became a standing joke each day, been talking to Bobby Graham eh.

I was standing at the bar one day and as I turned, the bloke beside me was Bob, my wife would not believe me until this bloke came to pick us up and take us to his house for dinner, he had married a Sheffield girl and returned to Oz & only lived 10 mins from where we lived.

Talking of spooky things, 2 years ago the floorboards creaked in the doorway of our bedroom which woke me up, there was no one there and my thoughts turned to my sister who was dying of cancer, I remember looking at the clock, 4-20am, later that day, my brother rang to say my sister had passed away at 5-20pm, there was 11 hour time difference at the time ??? I believe she came to say goodbye.

Our house in Woodhouse was quite old and, having a vivid imagination, I often wondered if it could be haunted. Which probably led to this recurring dream I had of a man in a black cloak standing in the doorway of the front bedroom, I often woke up with a start and could, almost, still see the figure. Now we had a little border collie, Robbie, he'd follow you wherever in the house from cellar to attic, but he would never come into this particular bedroom- he would back off even if you tried to coax him. Strange?

The day of my grandad's funeral, we'd come back here for the Wake (as this was his house but my parents had bought it and it was left to them).

Friends, family and ex-colleagues were all gathered in the living room whilst my dad gave a small speech about his dad....as he paused to wrap things up, there was a single, very loud crack of thunder, right over the house.......no rain.....no storm..............just a single crack and roll of thunder.

We all fought back the tears as my dad said, "He always DID have to have the last word", and we drank to him.........