Looking for roberts family

has anyone got any roberts in there family my greate greate granddad john roberts was born in sheffield along with his brothers and sisters there name's

Emma born c1868

Elizabeth born c1863

George born c1856

Thomas born c1855

Arthur born c 1853

harry born c1865

there parents names was Thomas roberts and mary roe

all the men were file grinders by trade but the story goes that john was a bare knuckle fighter in sheffield he went my the name jack

i know Arthur lived at 14, Fawcett Street in 1891

and George lived at 84, Matthew Street, Sheffield in 1891

thanks for any help :)

has anyone got any roberts in there family my greate greate granddad john roberts was born in sheffield along with his brothers and sisters there name's

Emma born c1868

Elizabeth born c1863

George born c1856

Thomas born c1855

Arthur born c 1853

harry born c1865

there parents names was Thomas roberts and mary roe

all the men were file grinders by trade but the story goes that john was a bare knuckle fighter in sheffield he went my the name jack

i know Arthur lived at 14, Fawcett Street in 1891

and George lived at 84, Matthew Street, Sheffield in 1891

thanks for any help :)

Hello I am married to a Roberts and keen on family history, we are not related. had a quick look for you and in the census 1881 that I looked at could not find Thomas the father. On which census did you find them? Could only find Mary- mother, a midwife, John a File grinder aged 21, Emma a domestic servant and another child I think it was Mary Ann. If this was the right family the other children could have been apprenticed and living elsewhere. Good luck with family history.

Hello , I have just caught sight of the Sheffield Forum. Yes I have those people in my family tree and would like to hear how you are connected to John Roberts. Can you tell me the name of your mum/dad - the child of John .

Many thanks

Hi SAS it was a lady called Dinah who was looking for relatives, it was a long time ago 2007 and apart from me no one else wrote to her. I used to be into family history seriously but have not had time in the last few years so cannot help you. The 1881 census is free but your best bet is going onto the Sheffield Family History web site. They are putting more and more on each month. Good luck with your search and I hope Dinah replies to you.