Wasps on buses...

I dont know about anyone else, but if there is a wasp on a bus that your on, as there was this morning with me, it always decides to come to you, nobody else, just you, or on the windows. Can they smell fear? I hate the bloody things, why do they have to come to me, i end up looking demented, flapping my arms around screeching, is it just me? :mad:

Apparently they go for people with certain hair colours as well as though wearing particular colours.

Lighter hair has some greater involvement with UV light or something which attracts wasps like you're a giant flower. I get hassled by them all the time.

Was sat with Cosywolf for a few mins in a lovely place earlier this week and had to give up and go inside after being buzzed 3 times in under 3 minutes.

Vile things!

they get cheap fares by exploting the "busy bee" promotion

there was a wasp on a bus i was on a few weeks ago, i hated it, especially when it came buzzing round me

There was one on my bus last week - I ignored it until I felt movement & buzzing in my hair :shocked: I didn't want to move my head or touch my hair in case it stung me.

Then I realised that someone had opened the window behind me & that was what was ruffling my hair :hihi:

If a wasp is near me - be it on a bus or at home - I point to the nearest exit and say "that way"....and surprisingly most wasps comply. :D

If a wasp is near me - be it on a bus or at home - I point to the nearest exit and say "that way"....and surprisingly most wasps comply. :D

I tried that but it just looked at me as if to say, "yeah, right, as if, when i have got a scared 1 here, im not going nowhere" :hihi:

I'm petrified of them - I have once got off a bus and made myself late for work because I couldn't stand knowing there was a wasp nearby.

Thankfully, I haven't seen any wasps this year, except occasionally in nightmares :gag: I thought they were becoming extinct.

Even more thankfully, I don't need to catch buses anymore ;)

On the way to Whitby this summer I caught a tram from my house and was stung twice by a wasp whilst on there. It looked like I'd been bite by a vampire as it was right on my neck bone- it was sore for many days.The next time I got on the tram another wasp was flying about and I squashed it on the window as soon as it landed, not wanting to have a repeat performance.:(

You know your talking about my worst nightmare's!

1) buses i cant stand buses

2) Wasps! Arggh i hate wasps,bee's and daddy long legs :gag:

1+2= panic attacks galore hehe

You know your talking about my worst nightmare's!

1) buses i cant stand buses

2) Wasps! Arggh i hate wasps,bee's and daddy long legs :gag:

1+2= panic attacks galore hehe

Centipedes are worse. Wasps yer just wack em!

Centipedes are worse. Wasps yer just wack em!

Mmmmmm maybe i should expand on my fears now you mentioned them! in fact i hate ALL things with more than four legs with a passion. Wasps are trickey to wack, sometimes they avoid you and dive sting at you. Bloody things! Even hear them buzzing breaks me out in a cold sweat.