£60 well spent

Well, if there weren't cameras there would be real policeman cathing speeding drivers rather than responding to street crime, so it would probably make the response time longer.

If you are not prepared to enter into a conversation about an issue then don't start a thread.

wavey could i email you some questions about the attack? i'm a student covering the area.

I've entered into a conversation..

You implied that I thought the fact that worse offences were being committed should allow me to break the law.

I understand and respect your right to have a difference of opinion. You accused me of something that wasn't the case.

I'll say it again. I broke the rules and paid as instructed. Not happily I'll admit, but hey, thats me and money.

My opinion is that the police time isn't equally spent. Speeding is bad and they clamp down on it, quite rightly. More police out and about on the beat would see chavs on bikes, ganging up for scraps etc

Emma

As it's not me involved I can't tell you any more than I've said here.

I was ranting mad this morning and maybe saying stuff I shouldn't.

well i've heard that only 2 pupils attacked a student from a nearby college

by the way i don't want names just more on when and what happened.

i can only tell you what I was told.

My mates son is in hospital now and thats about the long and short of it. Had it been just 2 on one I think my mate and the other adults there could have handled it.

I'll leave it here please. Said enough.

ok so you don't know what date it happened? if not thanks for your help-much appreciated

Not off the top of my head sorry.

Emma.. I've said enough about it. I'm uposet coz the lad is a lovely kid. I'm sure the police have it in hand as much as possible.

well you see the police have told me they need a date to give me more info on what happened? would it be possible to ask the boys parents if i could contact them regarding what happened?

Thechap asked,"What is this country coming to ?"

Well, whatever it is ,it's been coming to it for a long time now----partly under the Tories but mainly under the Labour government.I think the "great British public "are largely to blame for letting successive governments walk all over them.There's a Germanic streak at work.Too many people in the U.K. nowadays love having someone to tell them what to do and ,in turn, love telling someone else what to do.

Any dictatorship can find "good" reasons for bringing in repressive,interfering laws.Each individual new law does have its positive side.....but ....the cumulative effect is dictatorship and then further repression.

The public seem too thick to realise that it's "o.k. " to give a fairly moderate government full powers but what happens if,later on, an extreme Right-wing or Left--wing government gets in. What seems like a Nanny state now will seem paradise compared to what could happen.

So, all you ,sheep who want more and more red--tape,rules and regulations, more controls,no smoking,no drinking, no this,no that----think about the future andthe 4a.m. knock on the door !