£60 well spent

Originally posted by ianmitchell

Just shows what pricks chavs are.

Sorry buddy if you were caught for speeding, just slow down for the cameras! :P

Is that the advice from your driving instructor then...?

Just spoke to him.. it's proper intrusive surgery apparently. They have to access the back of his eye. He's in theatre now for an hour or so.

They've told him htere's a good chance it'll be successful though so thats small comfort I suppose.

At the end of the day rules are rules and i broke them. I just get so hacked off at the injustice of it all.

Worst thing of all is seeing my mate. He's adiamond geezer and this has taken all the fun out of him. He's so gutted you wouldn't believe. he could rip any of those low life scum's head off one to one.

I can't see the connection between the two issues.

Are you suggesting that because there are some offences that the police struggle to deal with that you should be able to break speed limits with impunity?

I don't understand why you all think the speed cameras are a waste of police time, it's just a machine connected to a computer, there are no police involved.

If it the speed cameras didn't exist there would be hundreds of police driving (or sat at the side of the road all day) about trying to spot people speeding, not a good use of their time.

I think it is very funny that in the popular opinion anyone commiting any crime should be punished more and more severely, but when it happens to be a crime that an individual commits, funnily enough severe punishments are not so popular.

I don't think I said that did I?

I've admitted I broke the rules and paid accordingly.

I also said I'm miffed (to say the least) this morning because I reckon the police are more efficient at tax collecting than stopping crimes.

There isn't a connection really. Sorry I upset you.

I'm not at all upset.

But if they are not connected why are they in the same post, under a new topic that you started?

I obviously jumped to the wrong (but rather obvious) conclusion that you were linking the events.

I'll consult you next time then eh?

So should I be pleased to pay out £60 then?

I'll leave it there. Got it off my chest.

Well maybe you will think a bit more about the speed limit next time?

Hmmm, maybe thats what the point of punishing criminal offences is? Do you ask a murderer if they are pleased about getting a 15 year prison sentence? not really a valid question.

What are you on about?

I committed a crime and paid the price.. I said that.

All I want is for a policeman to get to a scene of a crime quicker than forty five minutes.

Theres a connection.

The scrote being me by the sounds of it.