£60 well spent

Just like to get this off my chest..

Today i got a 'Conditional Offer Of Fixed Penalty' green form from the police. I was 'caught' by a speed camera on Birley Moor Road on November 3rd. The offence? 36mph in a 30mph zone. Fair cop. With admirable speed and efficiency (not forgetting Justice and Courage) a pink form landed on my mat a couple of days later outlining my wrong doing and asking for my details, along with a nice letter saying not to bother with excuses. I got the chance to pay £60 for three points this morning that, as a law abiding citizen, I will pay.

Last night, roughly 6pm, I was at the petrol station opposite the camera in question. A chav roared past, wheelying, on a trials bike, on and accross Birley Moor Road.. no helmet, no lights, in driving sleet.

Today my best mates son (as nice and gentle a kid you could not imagine) has an operation on a detached retina. He, along with the rest of his school team, teacher and parents were attacked after a school team match at Myrtle Springs a couple of weeks ago. A group of around 30 chavs attacked them in the car park. Despite my mates and the teachers best efforts to protect the lads, his son was beaten so badly that he may lose the sight in his right eye. The police arrived FORTY FIVE minutes after being called.

I hope the £60 is well spent.

Rant over.

B******S

I play badminton there every week. I would love them to try and attack me. I would kick the **** out of them!

That's rather harsh considering if you were doing 35mph you wouldn't have been prosecuted (10% + 2mph)

straight up.. 36mph.. I can't believe how bad I was that night.

Just shows what pricks chavs are.

Sorry buddy if you were caught for speeding, just slow down for the cameras! :P

Well yes, exactly.. like I said, I've written a cheque out this morning.

Are the police not doing ANYTHING about the chavs that attacked that school team and family?

Should have written it out for a penny extra just to annoy em :)

Apparently the police have names but without positive identification theres 'little that they can do'. My mate and his son have given evidence and the teacher gave names.

What will they do? I don't know.

Theres a good chance that my good friends son will be blind in one eye come this afternoon.. I'll let you know when i've been to see him. What punishment can they hand out to pay for that? He's a promising footballer/cricketer/all round sportsman but it looks like that'll go out of the window doesn't it?

Like I said, I hope the £60 is well spent.. but I doubt it. Maybe an extra CCTV camera on the school? or perhaps theres a profitable stretch of road between Mosborough and Manor Top thats missing a speed trap.. I don't know. Feeling a bit ****** off this morning.

Yeah let us know wavey, fingers crossed hopefully your mate's son will be ok....

With names but "no positive identification" :huh:

Surely if your mate identifies them along with the teachers they can be prosecuted?!?!?!

You'd expect so wouldn't you? I think my mate said that the chavs had hoods up and scarves arounfd their faces in the main part, and there were hordes of them so unless he's 100% sure he's pretty much screwed. The teacher seemed to know who they were though so lets hope they stand up to be counted.

What the **** is this country coming to. You are a criminal if you drive a car, smoke a ciggie or possibly soon for eating a burger! (Maybe a little exagerated : ) )

However, these scrotes can commit crimes against good, honest people without any fear of retribution.

Hope your friend's son make a full recovery