Vista and aol9vr

Anybody else having probs with vista/aol9vr.

Before you all start slagging off AOL don't because I like it and have had trouble free surfing for 6 years :D that is until I got vista at the weekend.

It's cocked eveything up and while I had no probs with aol9 I've had nothing but bother with vr.

Anybody make any (sensible) suggestions? Thanks :(

AOL doesnt like Vista, and visa-versa, AOL isnt vista compatible... so either set up a standard connection not using AOL's software (yes, this is possible) or change from AOL....

ok the quick and easy way to setup AOL on vista....

Get a router, setup the router (AOL will guide you through this), then delete all the AOL "helpful software", and enjoy the internet experience.

You don't need the AOL software which is particularly bloated and advert inspired if you take this route (altho a router will cost of course)

ok the quick and easy way to setup AOL on vista....

Get a router, setup the router (AOL will guide you through this), then delete all the AOL "helpful software", and enjoy the internet experience.

You don't need the AOL software which is particularly bloated and advert inspired if you take this route (altho a router will cost of course)

This might sound stupid but will I then not be able to use aol email?

Again AOL will guide you through this when you set up the router (if you ask).

Reason I know this is that I recently set up a new PC for someone who was previously on AOL with all their software installed. but the router does all the dial up stuff so when I replaced their whole PC, (running Vista) it just connected WITHOUT all the AOL advertising software etc.

Just ask them how to setup "windows mail" through your router for AOL

aol 9.0 vr is vista ready but dos not support most usb modems

Microsoft Windows Vista is not compatible with older USB modems, such as the BT Voyager 50, BT Voyager 100, BT Voyager 105, Thomson SpeedTouch 330 and Alcatel SpeedTouch. You will need to purchase an ethernet based modem or modem router if you are using Windows Vista

We have a Speedtouch 585v6 modem (sent to us by aol so should be ok?).

If you wanted to use a browser that has integrated e-mail and can acommodate AOL mail then use Opera.

I've set up both my mum's Opera browser and my uncle's Opera browser, with their AOL mail and the both work perfectly.

If you need help setting up the e-mail to work in Opera if you want to go down that route, then let me know, seeing as I've had a fair bit of first hand experience here!

http://www.opera.com/download/