Please help me find a nice restaurant

has anyone eaten at the hilton hotel restaurant? And is it open to members of the public? Im lookin for somewhere to go for a meal, we don't want it to be too busy and we want to be able to stay for drinks after we have finished eating and not to be rushed out, please help

I don't know about Sheffield Hilton but Manchester Hilton is open to the public and serves till late. I think it closes at 1am

Their duck spring rolls and dip are something else. :love:

Little bit out of town, Crosspool, Artisan and Catch, really good place, excellent food, seafood upstairs in catch, I guess what you'd call contemporary downstairs, will be similar price to Hilton, which I think is a little bit lacking in Sheffield and you cna stay late, eat wonderfully, drinks lots and have a thoroughly good evening!

I've eaten at the Hilton in Sheffield twice, first time was nice but the second time was distinctly average and over-priced.

My favourite restaurants in Sheffield are Thyme Cafe on Broomhill, Cafe Guru just off West Street, Fellicini on Ecclesall or The Mogul Room on Sharrowvale Road. Also heard great things about the Blueroom Brasserie, and Platillos in Leopold Square.

Hope that helps x

has anyone eaten at the hilton hotel restaurant? And is it open to members of the public? Im lookin for somewhere to go for a meal, we don't want it to be too busy and we want to be able to stay for drinks after we have finished eating and not to be rushed out, please help

you will be looking for the Dam House then at crookes valley park

I've always found Dam House menu to be rather average/unimaginative given the price, food quality is acceptable but nothing about the place including the place is exceptional, including the service which lacking in refinement, often very quiet as well have, somewhat of a glorified pub IMO.

I've always found Dam House menu to be rather average/unimaginative given the price, food quality is acceptable but nothing about the place including the place is exceptional, including the service which lacking in refinement, often very quiet as well have, somewhat of a glorified pub IMO.

Have you been since the new management team took over in June / July?

The chefs, decor and menu has changed since then. I think you will find the prices now good value compared to similar places.

... but i agree, if its not want you like then your welcome to your views.

I dont like mcdonnalds, but 4 billion people can not be wrong!

Have to say I haven't, except for a drink, might consider going back for food again.

We had really super meal last night at Morans near the garden centre at the bottom of Dore Road. It was quiet but given the quality of the food it should have been packed. They've just re-opened after a refurb following the floods and everything was lovely and smart. The front of house service was some of the friendliest I have encountered without being over the top. Highly recommended and I am sure if you say that you want the table for the whole evening they will make sure that is what you get.

Moran's is lovely and the staff have always been friendly when we have been.

You really must try the Blueroom, it is lovely and really large so you can either stay at the table or move through to the comfortable bar after for drinks.