What's on your needles at the moment...Sept 07 to March 08

Thanks every one for your kind comments.

The socks are Sweet pea from Knitty and they're made with a Brightdyes BFL/nylon yarn from her sock club. Lovely to knit with and soft to wear.

Jill you should knit for yourself, it's part of the treat :)

I finished the foot coverings and off they walked to school this morning. I am so pleased because I thought I'd get them done in time for Monday!

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/Wheezy_photos/DSCF2596.jpg

Perhaps I'll finish the other one to this and then that pair will be ready for Monday?!

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/Wheezy_photos/DSCF2266.jpg

The navy ones are Angora and are so soft they are cuggle-ishush :love: I got the wood from Peakwool :love:

The purple stripey ones are a little rougher, but lovely just the same and I'm sooo looking forward to casting on my next 52 stitches in the next hour or so - kitten allowing - this wool was from Shunklies (beansforyou to you and me) :love:

well done wheezy!

they look excellent!

I love the raspberry-ish colour combined with the white/ cream of the shunklies wool.

I've just hit the toe of the first foot-covering in another pair I'm making, in a british racing green for my fella. (it's the Sirdar Town and Country 75/25 mix) he chose the colour himself.

I managed to finish the tan multicolour opal (lana grossa?) yarn pair I was making for myself (I got so hacked off with Kitchener, I got someone I know, who is an avid knitter, to show me the 3 needle cast-off!) and I have finished the denim-blues multi coloured stripes pair too. :clap: *proud*

I got someone I know, who is an avid knitter, to show me the 3 needle cast-off!) and I have finished the denim-blues multi coloured stripes pair too. :clap: *proud*

Thanks PT! I do that cast off too. Sorry w4b, I can't graft :o:D

See I knew we were all doing some actual real knitting:D Its been lovely to see what everyone has been up to.

Very pretty socks Turra and the shaping on the Martha really suits you:)

So then Wheezy for someone who would never consider knitting socks coz you could buy 5 pairs for a pound - you certainly are knocking them out very quickly (they look fab btw):hihi: For the 3 needle cast off does it leave a nasty ridge at the end of the sock - just wondering?

So then Wheezy for someone who would never consider knitting socks coz you could buy 5 pairs for a pound - you certainly are knocking them out very quickly (they look fab btw):hihi: For the 3 needle cast off does it leave a nasty ridge at the end of the sock - just wondering?

*Mental note to self* lisaH doesn't forget a thing!:mad: This is all just a figment of your imagination lisaH. There are no foot coverings by me here. You will wake up and all will be fine and dandy :D Oh, and no, no ridge - not that is uncomfortable anyway ;) Now leave me alone :rant:

Hi there everybody!

I am new to knitting and thought I would join this forum to talk to fellow knitters as I live in Sheffield. I am knitting a scarf at the moment but the wool is tough to work with as it is that fancy fluffy type wool but I'm getting the hang of it. Look forward to chatting with other knitters.:wave:

Hi there everybody!

I am new to knitting and thought I would join this forum to talk to fellow knitters as I live in Sheffield. I am knitting a scarf at the moment but the wool is tough to work with as it is that fancy fluffy type wool but I'm getting the hang of it. Look forward to chatting with other knitters.:wave:

Welcome to the group Bionicdreams:wave:

Feel free to ask questions whenever you need to - we have a wide range of people here with lots of different skills. I had the same trouble with a fluffy type wool too (well it was Snowflake) as I couldnt see what I was doing.

Welcome to the group Bionicdreams:wave:

Feel free to ask questions whenever you need to - we have a wide range of people here with lots of different skills. I had the same trouble with a fluffy type wool too (well it was Snowflake) as I couldnt see what I was doing.

Hi there!

That's great, I'm sure I will need to ask questions! Yes, I think the fluffy wool was a poor choice for a starter project, I had to start it over 3 times and I don't know if you get this but I couldn't rip it out like regular wool!:blush: It's coming along alright has the odd loose/holey bit but think I can fix that after! It's in knit stitch so I guess from that point of view it is easy!

Hi there everybody!

wave:

:wave: Hello bionicdreams, glad you decided to come and have a laugh, we can be quite serious here too :o:hihi:

:wave: Hello bionicdreams, glad you decided to come and have a laugh, we can be quite serious here too :o:hihi:

Hi there!

:DThanks for the welcome!:)

Hi there!

:DThanks for the welcome!:)

We could squeeze you in at the next "unofficial" meeting next Wednesday evening. (See thread Unoffical meeting etc...)

Go on, you know you want to:D