Morning sickness help PLEASE!!

Hi all

I guess the title says it all...I need tips on dealing with "morning" sickness - which seems to be lasting all day! I'm not vomiting (would probably be better off if I was) but am just so nauseous and dizzy all the time. The thought of food is completely beyond me and even drinking a glass of water is a real challenge.

Ginger ale was helping me for a few days but now its on the list of things that turn my stomach too!

Any suggestions??

Am completely delighted to be pregnant, but at only 6 weeks today I'm not sure how I'll go for the next few months!

Welcome back! I'm glad it's with good news.

I may merge this later with other threads that will give you good ideas, but in the meantime...try nibbling little bits constantly. Sometimes it's the 'bad for us' stuff that's easiest to handle, too, so whatever you can stomach, or at least cope with.

Here's a thread that may help: http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=217105&highlight=morning+sickness

Oh, and welcome back again - I'm really pleased for you. :)

congratulations!! I found that cold flat coke helped. Aswell as slush puppies and cadbury's chocolate. I also got to the point when I could only eat certain types of food with a smelly duster next to me! I loved the smell of dusters/polish/shoe polish when I was pregnant so that sort of settled my stomach by having the smell near food. I find that very weird now, looking back!

Even though you don't fancy it sometimes forcing yourself will do the trick as its often strong smells that put you off and not the actual taste. So when its in your mouth you might be ok. Just as long as you manage to have a bit of the right food to keep your strength up. Otherwise go for whatever you please!

Good luck. x

Thanks cosywolf - your link reassured me that perhaps only being able to eat doritos (something about the salt is really settling) and grapes is not too bad! Its more the amount of liquids I'm not managing but I stand in the supermarket until something appeals and try that! They must think I'm mad :)

And thanks for the welcome back - fingers crossed this time everything is okay.

My morning sickness was transformed when I put a small slice of root ginger in a cup of hot water (well, actually I would pop one in my favourite flavour of herbal tea to conceal the taste as I can't stand ginger!). My bloating and sickness disappeared immediately and I couldn't believe I had suffered as long as I did. use paringly though (small slice and no more than a few cups a day) as it can cause contractions in larger amounts!

Is it weird that if I eat a slice of beetroot before my main food I can eat much more than my morning sickness would ordinarily allow

you poor thing. you have my sympathy as morning sickness made me really miserable, even tho i too was delighted to be pregnant (so i then felt really guilty for complaining particularly as someone said i should count myself lucky that i could get pregnant!!). my biggest worry was how I was going to cope for the next few months but it only lasted for a few weeks, so its just about getting through it for now. see my comments on the link cosywolf has posted. In the meantime all i can say is it really is all worth it in the end. My LO is 7 weeks now and she is such a joy & would suffer the sickness again in a heartbeat. good luck and hope you feel better soon xxx

ohhhh i really feel for you hun i had it soo bad for a fair few months but its near enough gone now allthough i was actually vomiting everytime i ate something :(, the doctor gave me some tablets for it not sure if you can have them being so early on but its worth going and asking also as everyone varies its hard to suggest a sure fix solution all i can say is what worked for me. i found eating soup and fruit and let things and things without a strong smell helped my stomach, theres the usual ginger you could try ginger tea ginger biscuits and even ginger tablets and i found arrowroot biscuits to be rarther helpfull. hope you start to feel better soon hun. and congrats :)