Which weight loss plan would you recommend?

What are peoples thoughts on schemes like The Atkins Dit, Weight Watchers, Slimfast, Slimming world???

Personally I have only ever tried Weight watchers and was considering a loan to continue going but came to my sense after medical problems.

I wanna loose weight, am fully prepared to get my arse in gear and excercise - but what is the cheapest way to do it?? Also how do you kee yourself motivated.

I am simply fed up of having an arse the size of a small country.

Moon Maiden

Fact

Is doesn't matter how many calories you eat as long as you burn them off. (obviously it has to be low fat and a balanced diet)

By just eating a low fat diet, none of this prepacked weight watcher stuff, just eat fruit, vegetables, pulses, fish, chicken etc etc combined with rigorous excercise, you will lose weight.

All of the above is easier said than done, keep at it, and lets see the before and after pictures.

There's a motivator for you:D

Atkins Diet (which is what I'm on at the mo).

Very effective in losing weight.

Very expensive.

Very poor as far as sweet tooth people (like me) are concerned.

Not the best diet for eveyone.

Works on the theory, that Carbohydrates are the 'fatty foods' and that foods high in calories and fat don't matter as long as you don't eat more than 28g per day.

Since I have been on the diet (5 days now) I've lost 6lbs!

Not very good IMHO as losing weight too quick can make you put it on too quick too. But I'm sticking with it!

I'm on it as a short term measure (2 months max) as a wieght loss kick start, then I'll switch to WW or some form of lower fat diet to keep the weight down. Combined with regular gym activity.

You really need to keep the excersice up in order to keep the weight off.

You're hardly obese now Moon are you?

I wouldn;t worry too much, and just get down the gym for some swimming and cardiovascular exercise.

Replace a packet of crips or choccy bar with an apple or other fruit and you'll be sorted!

I am big enough for it to affect how I get into clothes and running about with the kids.

Think I will pass on the swimming for the moment don't want to go giving the kids nightmares ;) Maybe when I have toned up a bit.

Moon Maiden

Try cycling. You should be OK living down t'hill in Hillsborough, you can stick in the valley until you feel fit enough to try the hills. Get a cheap/second hand bike with a basket and get in the habit of using it for shopping, trips to town, etc.

I'd suggest swapping your broom for a bike but that would be a bit trite, wouldn't it?

Good luck.

Oh, and mind the tram tracks.

I have and do.

We went to Wyming Brook and back on Sunday and reguarly walk round Rivelin. The kids get tired thou and it is difficult getting some speed up to increase the heart rate when you are helping a four and two year old round that end.

Moon Maiden

Archived