Car window tinting MEGATHREAD

Has anyone had this done?

I know a lot of people have this done to make their cars look 'cool' but I want it to actually make the inside of my car feel cool and save me a few bob on fuel, as I should have to run the AC less often.

I've seen a few 'hot hatches' with tinted windows which looks like they have been done by the teenagers who drive them, all uneven and full of bubbles. I assume that this is something where you get what you pay for.

So has anyone had this done, how much does it cost and how does it look a couple of years down the road when it has seen a couple of winters and the kids have been picking away at it in the back of the car? :confused:

I've a Peugeot 206 which came with tinted windows, nice in summer(when it comes) but makes everything look even more dreary in winter, etc.

Do the polive let you drive away with the tints still on, or do they tell you to collect the car once the tints have been taken off?

hi regarding having your car window's all timted well i don't want to **** on your chips, but it is elegal to have all windows tinted you have to let so much natural light co come through the last time i new it was 23% if police pull you, you will have to take it off there and then wlile police are there with you, or they may give you a producer is it worth it keeping them on.

to me you want them on for a reason, this is usually to hide something , or you don't want anyone prying into your car, some people tint window's to hide weapons, drugs one of the worst things is to keep them completely closed if your carring pets so they have no ciculating fresh air and the suffercate there is no reason why you should want to black out your windows, be carefull

I've a Peugeot 206 which came with tinted windows, nice in summer(when it comes) but makes everything look even more dreary in winter, etc.

Came with factory tints or did someone do it before you had the car?

hi there..looking for get the back windows of my car tinted...does anyone know of a good quality place in north sheffield?

ta

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

factory tints I think, its the 206 Look...

its a very fine gradient though, not black or anything.

does anybody know how much it would be to tint my windows on a zafira 2001

wanting all windows done

maybe but it doesn't tell me haw much for a zafira

does anybody know how much it would be to tint my windows on a zafira 2001

wanting all windows done

being pedantic, you carn't have all windows done, and you have to conform to the light laws, lesson over sorry.

no lesson I know you have to have 75% light coming thru on the fronts

so still I want all windows doing

Hi Mickw33

What i ment with all windows is the front and back.