Car window tinting MEGATHREAD

Get a quote from ProTint they are reasonable and do a good job.

Shans tints at the bottom of Herries Road, he's very very good.

Out of curiosity, what is a decent price for window tinting? Let's say a fiat punto, how much change roughly could I expect from £200?

£100 back I would have thought.

Hi there, I was looking for somewhere that will tint my car windows. I have heard that Shan's tint is good. Any recommendations?

Buy the film and do it yourself. It's really quite easy! Just make sure that the tint is legal, and be careful if you intend to tint any of the front windows.

Hi there, I was looking for somewhere that will tint my car windows. I have heard that Shan's tint is good. Any recommendations?

bear in mind its elegal to cover completly there as tbe 23% day light coming through the windows police carry a light detector and can make you remove it there and then i wouldd think twice before going ahead, lots of young drivers do it so they wont be recognised so beware bg brothers watching

Shans does a brilliant job, very good prices and a 10 year guarantee.

I have had all my cars done by him and most of the people I know who have tints have used Shan, never any problems to my knowledge.

bear in mind its elegal to cover completly there as tbe 23% day light coming through the windows police carry a light detector and can make you remove it there and then i wouldd think twice before going ahead, lots of young drivers do it so they wont be recognised so beware bg brothers watching

No he isn't :roll:

I think some people get confused with this, You can tint your windows however dark you want as long as its only the rear half of the car (think of a van). You now can't tint any front windows any more as they are tinted already by manufacturers.

I had a quote at tint my ride going to book it in soon.

Thanks for advice. I went to Shans Tints and had all my back windows done, look great and was very good price. Highly recommended.

Hi guys had my windows done at Shans tints on herries road top job well recommended and cheapest around

I think some people get confused with this, You can tint your windows however dark you want as long as its only the rear half of the car (think of a van). You now can't tint any front windows any more as they are tinted already by manufacturers.

I had a quote at tint my ride going to book it in soon.

You can tint the driver/passenger windows BUT there's a maximum level of tinting.

HMG http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/OwningAVehicle/AdviceOnKeepingYourVehicle/DG_181016 says this:

The law requires that the windows on the vehicle allow at least:

75 per cent of light through the front windscreen

70 per cent of light through the front side windows

In most modern vehicles there is a slight tint added to the windows when they are made. If you add any more tint it’s likely to result in the windows failing to meet the legal requirements.

The rules on tinted windows don’t apply to the rear windscreen or the rear passenger windows.