What ever happend to FINE FARE?

Guest unners
Originally posted by Plain Talker

That was a Presto, for some years, then it became something like a "Costcutter." I can't remember it being a fine fare. (i think presto was bought up by the same chain as challenge/gateway)

Does anyone else remember the presto at the back of the moor? (it closed down, and the building became a ("G)what-shops" or a "what everyone wants"

PT

Thanx for that, you are correct!yes i remember the one at the Moor.

Kirky........ you are correct, the Challenge was the big one. Forgot about the one that is now Netto,we obviously only ever shopped at the posh end of the Manor Top. Wouldn't have been seen dead over the road.

Originally posted by Ronin

Kirky........ you are correct, the Challenge was the big one. Forgot about the one that is now Netto,we obviously only ever shopped at the posh end of the Manor Top. Wouldn't have been seen dead over the road.

i was once stood in finefare with mi ma and alex sabella was stood in front of us, as a fourteen year old mad blade sabella was my hero,i couldn't speak i was that shocked at being stood beside him:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: does anyone remember fred hartleys opposite the fine fare,you buy just about anything there.

Originally posted by kirky

did netto buy them out.........they used to be all over the place....used to go with mi ma to the manor top one every thursday.

THERE WAS A FINE FARE IN ATTERCLIFFE ABOUT 25 YEARS AGO MY MUM WORKED THERE

Originally posted by panda79

didnt gordon jackson do the adverts on tv for fine fare?

"be fare to your family....and your purse"

The cinema called the woodseats palace, was demolished to become a fine fayre. And now it's a weatherspoons pub.

see this link > http://www.rocknroll.f9.co.uk/cinemas/cinepho14.html

Now ten years ago it was a freezer food store called kwik save, before being a short-lived convenience store open late for groceries. If you go around the back, there is an electricity sub station, which still says Fine Fayre on it.....

muddycoffee,

That link doesn't work mate. Any ideas?

Try again Fowler. Has worked for me in 2 seperate locations. It's just a picture of the weatherspoons pub in the old fine fayre building. :confused:

I remember, and this is my earliest memory, of being pushed in my pram past the Sheaf pub, under the railway bridge and on to the Fine Fair Heeley Bottom. It used to occupy the building which is now Machine Mart.

Originally posted by Ronin

Got a job at challenge straight after leaving school.I went there on my work experience from school and they offered me the job.They were a really nice bunch of people that i worked with.:)

Originally posted by GMAN

I remember, and this is my earliest memory, of being pushed in my pram past the Sheaf pub, under the railway bridge and on to the Fine Fair Heeley Bottom. It used to occupy the building which is now Machine Mart.

Ther was also a clothes shop called Fine Ware, do you remember that too? Thats when Heeley Bottom was a thriving shopping area. My Nan lived on Broadfield Road until 1975. I loved it there in the 6 weeks holidays.

Guest teebee

One of my earliest memorys is walking down Broadfield Road holding my aunts hand while my mum pushed my sister in pram going to Fine Fare to do the shopping on a friday morning. Fine Ware was where Howells solicitors is now. Im off to sulk now cos this has just made me feel very old.