Kickboxing Fight Night, Friday 23rd November 2007

Ok Fighters weight fluctuate but i would be surprised if you were not told their weights when you made the phone call as you said Gregory was 72kg and Cropper 66kg surely you knew this before you matched them originally. And who said anything about fixing fights!

That aside i hope you can find a match for Cropper.

Think the statement about a fighters weight fluctuating needs putting into context a little.

A fighter may start his career competing at a certain weight and then as time progresses they may either get lighter (due to increased training/better diet) or heavier (due to wanting to move up the categories - i.e. increasing weight training activities or simply just with age).

Any fighter wanting to make a name for them self and creat e a good fight record will usually stay within 1 weight categorie for as long as they can.

I think a proferssionally arranged fight (consisting of professionally minded competitors) should be arranged at a weight well in advance fo the fight - perhaps 8 weeks before where possible. Fighters should be expected to make the weight the fight has been arranged at.

Ok Fighters weight fluctuate but i would be surprised if you were not told their weights when you made the phone call as you said Gregory was 72kg and Cropper 66kg surely you knew this before you matched them originally. And who said anything about fixing fights!

That aside i hope you can find a match for Cropper.

Paul Cropper was originally round about the 67/68kg mark , Phil Gregory told me his fighting weight is 70kg.

67-70kg = Super Welterweight.

Phil when i spoke to him later on said he was walking around at 72kg.

Paul Cropper had dropped to 66kg hence why i decided he would be a better match for Rob Collar.

A "Fixed fight" is when a fighter with 5 or 6 fights fights either a Raw Novice or someone with one fight one loss. Im not going to mention the name of the person involved in such a fight but matches like that are a TOTAL disgrace and anyone trying to justify them should be ashamed of themselves.

Paul Cropper might be matched but if he does he can expect an opponent who knows what he is doing. His opponent will be one who has at least 1 win to his name (i.e. about Rob Collar's standard) and also will be from a respected camp.

Since the fight will be under Oriental rules (also known as K-1 rules), the fighter will most likely be from a Thaiboxing or an MMA gym.

So far though we already have plenty of fights on the card .

Stusonicoss,

I agree with what you said above but ehre we are still talking about the bottom end of C Class (could be possibly classed as N Class even).

With regard to weight fluctuation, fights that I weighed in at 65kg were often on short notice. When given plenty of notice i would compete at 63.5kg and on rare occasions at 61kg. Me competing at 67kg then even heavier was due to age though sadly as I struggled to make 63.5kg. One of the funniest fights I had was when i weighed in at 68kg for a weight limit of 70kg. I weighed in on a full stomach deliberately while my opponent had actually come down from 78kg!!!

:hihi:

I spoke to a friend earlier who said he has spoken to Paul and he has now been matched, is their any truth in this, and just to reiterate the point that i never mentioned anything about fixing fights I know what fight fixing is but i cant understand why and when we got onto the subject.

UPDATED FIGHT CARD

1.LOLA BANGBALA ( TEAM 300) Vs MARK DOLAN (LIVERPOOL MMA )

CRUISERWEIGHT ORIENTAL RULES

2.DAN DIXON (NEWCASTLE) Vs ADAM RAY (WARRIORS)

CRUISERWEIGHT FULL CONTACT

3.AARON BEHAN (TEAM VOODOO) VS PAUL "Death wish" HARTLEY (MIDDLESBROUGH)

LIGHTWELTERWEIGHT ORIENTAL RULES

4.YOUSIF IBRAHIM (AFK) Vs BEN FAHEY (GBH)

BANTAMWEIGHT "SEMI PRO DEBUT" ORIENTAL RULES KICKBOXING

5.PETER DAY (AFK) Vs MATTHEW HART (LEICESTER)

WELTERWEIGHT FULL CONTACT

6.SCOT HICKLING (AFK) Vs STEVE CANTRELL (DRAGONS GYM)

LIGHT MIDDLEWEIGHT ORIENTAL RULES

7.DAN HILLMAN (LONDON) Vs DANNY MEAD (NOTTINGHAM THAIBOXING)

HEAVYWEIGHT ORIENTAL RULES

8.JOHN WILSON(KNUCKLE DRAGGERS) Vs PHILIP GREGORY (WALES)

LIGHT MIDDLEWEIGHT ORIENTAL RULES

9.DAVE O HAGAN (NEWCASTLE) Vs "THE HITMAN" ( INDEPENDENT FIGHTER!!! , Yes really)

SUPERCRUISERWEIGHT FULL CONTACT

10.ANT STUCHBURY (AFK) Vs LEE ASHTON (MANCHESTER MMA academy)

SUPERMIDDLEWEIGHT LOW KICK KICKBOXING

11.DANNY CAPENESS (ST GEORGES NOTTINGHAM) Vs JOE McGOVAN (SDF)

LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT FULL CONTACT

12.BRENT CRAWLEY (ROUGHHOUSE) Vs SAM SEXTON

LIGHTWELTERWEIGHT ORIENTAL RULES

13.RICKY GAMMON (ST GEORGES) Vs PAUL GREENHOUSE (SELECT FREESTYLE)

MIDDLEWEIGHT FULL CONTACT

14.DAVE PERKS (ANDY MARLOWS GYM, DON VALLEY) Vs KHALID RAHMATUALLAH (SHEFFIELD BUSHIDO , DARNALL)

SUPERMIDDLEWEIGHT ORIENTAL RULES

15.PAUL CROPPER (SDF) Vs ROB COLLAR (TEAM VOODOO)

WELTERWEIGHT ORIENTAL RULES

What is Rob collars record/background

What is Rob collars record/background

Rob Collar is a Taekwondo stylist. ITF Taekwondo which i am lead to believe is the north korean style (as opposed to its Full contact South Korean counterpart).

ITF TKD is a semi contact continuous system of fighting where both fighters are scored for each technique as they go along, i.e. they dont stop the match and the hand clickers keep clicking the points off.

1 point for a punch, 2 point for a side kick, 3 points for roundhouse/axe kick/hook kick to the head and 5 points for a jumping kick to the head. You lose one point if you are pushed out of the area or lose your balance with a kick.

(I actually competed in this discipline believe it or not once upon a time!!!)

Rob Collar has had one full contact bout which he won against the more experienced Adam Lawrence from sheffield Lau Gar.

That bout was under "shiny pants" kickboxing rules. This time Paul Cropper will fight him Oriental rules (a.k.a K-1 style) without shinpads!!! So if Rob Collar is not conditioned he will suffer!!!

Paul Cropper Vs Rob Collar,

who is your money on???

If Paul does not beat him i would be really suprised i have known paul for along time and he has a big heart and excellent technique

we have had many sparring sessions and after seen Rob fight i think my money is on paul definatly

If Paul does not beat him i would be really suprised i have known paul for along time and he has a big heart and excellent technique

we have had many sparring sessions and after seen Rob fight i think my money is on paul definatly

Nice one for that Shafique.

Cheers for the posters too mate.

Can anyone else post their opinion on how they think the fight will pan out?

What will Paul use against Rob in your opinion Shafique? If you were in paul's corner what advice would you give to him against Rob?

Are there any independent thaiboxers/kickboxers who fancy having a novice bout on this show?

The weights we are looking for at the moment are :

1.72kg (11 and a half stone)

2.77kg (just over 12 stone)

Get in touch please,

P.S the tickets are out!!!