Kickboxing Fight Night, Friday 23rd November 2007

Lola Bangbala fought last night at Cage Warriors under MMA rules and looked sharp standing up, but lost to a slick arm bar to Irish fighter Mark O'Toole.

Will you be at the show then?

We shall see. I'd definitely like to be and I'm pretty sure I can find an angle to cover it for my own publication or another, I'll be in touch closer to the time!

We shall see. I'd definitely like to be and I'm pretty sure I can find an angle to cover it for my own publication or another, I'll be in touch closer to the time!

Publication? Are you a journalist of some description?

UPDATED FIGHT CARD

1.LOLA BANGBALA ( TEAM 300) Vs TOM BENNETT ( WARRIORS )

CRUISERWEIGHT FULL CONTACT

2.DAN DIXON (NEWCASTLE) Vs ADAM RAY (WARRIORS)

3.ROB COLLAR (TEAM VOODOO) VS PAUL "Death wish" HARTLEY (MIDDLESBROUGH)

LIGHTWELTERWEIGHT ORIENTAL RULES

4.YOUSIF IBRAHIM (AFK) Vs BEN FAHEY (GBH)

BANTAMWEIGHT "SEMI PRO DEBUT" ORIENTAL RULES KICKBOXING

5.PETER DAY (AFK) Vs MATTHEW HART (LEICESTER)

WELTERWEIGHT FULL CONTACT

6.SCOT HICKLING (AFK) Vs STEVE CANTRELL (DRAGONS GYM)

LIGHT MIDDLEWEIGHT ORIENTAL RULES

7.RUSS HENSHAW (PARAGON ) Vs DANNY MEAD (NOTTINGHAM THAIBOXING)

HEAVYWEIGHT ORIENTAL RULES

8.MARK WATERHOUUSE (PARAGON) Vs DAN HILLMAN (LONDON MMA)

9.JOHN WILSON(KNUCKLE DRAGGERS) Vs PHILIP GREGORY (WALES)

10.DAVE O HAGAN (NEWCASTLE) Vs "THE HITMAN" ( INDEPENDENT FIGHTER!!! , Yes really)

SUPERCRUISERWEIGHT FULL CONTACT

11.ANT STUCHBURY (AFK) Vs LEE ASHTON (MANCHESTER MMA academy)

SUPERMIDDLEWEIGHT LOW KICK KICKBOXING

12.DANNY CAPENESS (ST GEORGES NOTTINGHAM) Vs JOE McGOVAN (SDF)

LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT FULL CONTACT

13.BRENT CRAWLEY (ROUGHHOUSE) Vs SAM SEXTON (Soon to be confirmed)

14.RICKY GAMMON (ST GEORGES) Vs PAUL GREENHOUSE (SELECT FREESTYLE)

MIDDLEWEIGHT FULL CONTACT

15.DAVE PERKS (ANDY MARLOWS GYM, DON VALLEY) Vs KHALID RAHMATUALLAH (SHEFFIELD BUSHIDO , DARNALL)

The fight card changes all the time it seems, more additions and a few fights changed due to fighters weights fluctuation.

All the local fighters seem to be from GOOD kickboxing clubs only.

Good kickboxing clubs meaning those that turn out well conditioned and powerful fighters (NOT the flicky kicking shiny pants airy fairy semi contact joke clubs). Examples : AFK, Andy Marlows gym, Bushido and SDF.

You will be guaranteed to see real fighters have real fights (not the tippy tappy stuff ).

I cant wait!!!

Publication? Are you a journalist of some description?

I am indeed.

Covered the SDF fighters at Storm Force and Showdown 2, covered MMA in Catterick, Nottingham, Rotherham, Doncaster and London.

With an SDF fighter on your show I can probably get something in a north Sheffield paper for you.

has paul cropper pulled out

Until I hear from Paul Powers yes Im afraid so.

No disrespect to paul cropper at all, hes a superfit lad with a strong punch and his technical ability improved leaps and bounds on his transfer from Sheffield Academy of martial arts to SDF.

I had Paul matched fairly on weight and experience against Rob Collar, it was a 50/50 match in my professional opinion.

When it comes to the matchmaking business in kickboxing NOBODY and i do mean nobody knows more about decent matchmaking in sheffield than me!

I say that with conviction, without sounding big headed.

Speak to Andy Marlow, Paul Powers or even Adrian Abdulla and they will ALL tell you the same.

I was told that Paul Cropper was not happy with the match up I had given him. Paul has had sufficient experience by now and should not be fighting anybody with lesser level of ability of experience.

Examples:

BUMAC Tournament.

He destroyed Ricky Veevers in under a minute!!!

Ricky Veevers is the European Taekwondo Champion who is a veteran of 106 contests. That was pauls first fight.

He also came very close to beating Darren Marsden till Darren caught him with the perfect body shot.

He fought against Majeid from Reza's gym in london on my first full contact show. He then defeated the Grenoside based Pitbull known as Daniel Renshaw in a hard fought contest on showdown one.

Rob Collar is a Taekwondo stylist whose only full contact experience was against Adam "The reaper" Lawrence. Adam lost due to his use of incorrect tactics for a taller fighter.

Rob has competed in semi contact Taekwondo previously but that is all.

The match up was an exciting one and all the pundits of this sport gave their opinions and predictions.

Amjed shaffique, Adrian Abdulla, Hussain Shaffique and Adam Lawrence all had their predictions to this contest. Amjed and Adam sounding perplexed and not knowing who to bet on but both watering at the mouth at the fight.

Adrian laughed and said "Paul is too strong for that kid", Hussain also inclined towards Paul in a 60-40 ratio.

It is a shame that the public will now be robbed of such a great fight and Paul will now miss out on what would be a perfect experience and a fair chance of his first win as an SDF fighter.

Myself i dont know WHO would have that one. Looks like sadly I never will!!!

I might eventually get paul a match but will have to wait and see what else is available now. It will have to be of a fair weight and experience match up too. At AFK we dont believe in mismatches.

Wether Paul gets the match or not, we wish him all the best and hope he makes the right decisions in the future.

UPDATED FIGHT CARD

1.LOLA BANGBALA ( TEAM 300) Vs TOM BENNETT ( WARRIORS )

2.DAN DIXON (NEWCASTLE) Vs ADAM RAY (WARRIORS)

3.ROB COLLAR (TEAM VOODOO) VS PAUL "Death wish" HARTLEY (MIDDLESBROUGH)

4.YOUSIF IBRAHIM (AFK) Vs BEN FAHEY (GBH)

BANTAMWEIGHT "SEMI PRO DEBUT" ORIENTAL RULES KICKBOXING

5.PETER DAY (AFK) Vs MATTHEW HARTINGTON (LEICESTER)

WELTERWEIGHT FULL CONTACT

6.SCOT HICKLING (AFK) Vs STEVE CANTRELL (DRAGONS GYM)

7.RUSS HENSHAW (PARAGON ) Vs DANNY MEAD (NOTTINGHAM THAIBOXING)

8.MARK WATERHOUUSE (PARAGON) Vs DAN HILLMAN (LONDON MMA)

9.PAUL CROPPER (SDF) Vs PHILIP GREGORY (WALES)

SUPERWELTERWEIGHT ORIENTAL RULES

10.DAVE O HAGAN (NEWCASTLE) Vs "THE HITMAN" ( INDEPENDENT FIGHTER!!! , Yes really)

SUPERCRUISERWEIGHT FULL CONTACT

11.ANT STUCHBURY (AFK) Vs LEE ASHTON (MANCHESTER MMA academy)

SUPERMIDDLEWEIGHT LOW KICK KICKBOXING

12.DANNY CAPENESS (ST GEORGES NOTTINGHAM) Vs JOE McGOVAN (SDF)

LIGHTHEAVYWEIGHT FULL CONTACT

13.BRENT CRAWLEY (ROUGHHOUSE) Vs T/B/A

It says on this fight card Paul Cropper was due to fight Philip Gregort not Rob Collar. I was only going to see Paul fight now i am not bothering.

It says on this fight card Paul Cropper was due to fight Philip Gregort not Rob Collar. I was only going to see Paul fight now i am not bothering.

Philip gregory is too big for paul cropper. He is 72kg!!! he will be matched with John Wilson instead who is in the same weight division.

Rob Collar being 63.5kg is a fairer match for Paul Cropper who is 66k i am lead to believe. If you dont watch the show because Paul Cropper isnt fighting then good for you.

Philip gregory is too big for paul cropper. He is 72kg!!! he will be matched with John Wilson instead who is in the same weight division.

Rob Collar being 63.5kg is a fairer match for Paul Cropper who is 66k i am lead to believe. If you dont watch the show because Paul Cropper isnt fighting then good for you.

what rules is paul cropper looking to fight?

Ok fair comment but if you are the self proclaimed best matchmaker in sheffield why did you match thd fight in the first place surely one of the first questions you ask is what weight, record,experience etc etc, also how do we know Paul has improved so much since going to SDF if no one has yet to see him have his first fight out of SDF stable. I would be interested to hear your comments.

Ok fair comment but if you are the self proclaimed best matchmaker in sheffield why did you match thd fight in the first place surely one of the first questions you ask is what weight, record,experience etc etc, also how do we know Paul has improved so much since going to SDF if no one has yet to see him have his first fight out of SDF stable. I would be interested to hear your comments.

1.Fighters weights can fluctuate incredibly. Example, I have fought as light as 60kg. I have also competed at 61kg, 63.5kg, 65kg, 67kg, 69kg. I have also been known to be as much as 74kg!!!

Explain that clever clogs!

2. Paul had been training with the SDF prior to his fight with Daniel Renshaw despite the fact that he fought for the sheffield academy. Hussain Shaffique has also told me he has been training with SDF yet he still fights out of Sheffield Academy. Not everyone knows what goes on behind closed doors.

3.The fight card you read was old news. The fight order and PROVISIONAL fight card changes all the time, weights fluctuate too. Then again I would not expect you to understand that anyway :hihi:

4.Regarding matchmaking , you NEVER see "fixed fights" i.e. fights that have been fixed in one fighters favour, most of them are fair match ups. I REFUSE to do anyone favours by giving anyone muppets to fight. Even my OWN fighters. ALL my fighters have strong opponents to fight.