E-commerce advice

PayPal is only good for people who already have accounts.

I'm not sure what mikey is referring to, but I strongly recommend WorldPay. They are owned by the Royal Bank of Scotland and are relatively cheap for the amount of services they offer. They have small and large clients, including famous names like Friends Reunited. Check out http://www.worldpay.com

Also, what bank do you use? Do you have a credit card merchant account already?

From what I've heard, PayPal and WorldPay are the way to go for small to medium sized businesses - one of them will probably be able to accommodate you.

I've integrated a few e-commerce providers and found that they're generally quite... no... very poor on the customer service side of things. We currently use Secpay at work and they seem great. They cater for smaller companies (offering templates, hosted pages, etc...) through to large corporate organisations too. They're a very competitively priced company with plenty of scope for upsizing. However, I think they're more aimed at large companies who have sort kind of technical person available...

Let us know how you get on and give any of us a shout if you get stuck!

I bank with Nat West 'cos the shop is Prince's Trust funded and no I don't have one of those accounts thingies yet.

I have looked at Paypal and the only thing that was putting me off was the registration of your card to make a purchase.

I am thinking of using a post nuke site to run the shop - but I don't know much about it. I have always programed in HTML.

The shop was previously running on a Worldpay account which was loaned to us from another local business - however problems are arising which are making me look elsewhere should things get any messier.

Moon

oneandone.co.uk may well be the answer for you, you customize their shop software and they handle credit card transactions, have a look here.

I have used them for my web hosting and I have had no problems. The waiting time for the phone support is comparable to phone banking.

Archived