My machine wont boot up

Hi i have a pc that wont boot up, it powers on then usually beeps and comes on, but now it powers up but no beep. I have changed the memory, i have tried a new hard drive, checked the cables but still nothing, any ideas anyone cant work it out at the minute.

Thanks

No beep sounds like motherboard or chip to me. Im no expert but when my comp wasn't beeping it was the mobo and my dads was the processor. Sorry to break the bad news.

I know this sounds silly but have you tried physically removing the plug from the power socket and grounding it (touching your hand works but is uncomfortable, try the carpet!!)?

I don't know why, but ever since I installed the Vista beta on my machine, it has refused to cold boot unless it has been removed from the power supply and the symptoms are exactly like yours (lights but no beep). Uninstalling Vista has not cured it. Re-starting from within XP is unaffected.

If you have not tried this then here go,s reset the bios

2 remove ide leads 1 by 1 including floppy

you dont say if its onboard graphics or not if its agp or pci see if it looks like it will boot with out .

Still a no go check power supply if that is still a no go you maybe talking cpu or the board normally ppl come to the conclusion the board has had it 9/10 its just a capacitor or a few on the board.Try hitting the reset button a few times if it works like this chances is capacitors are duff.A visual look at them they should not be raised from the board and the tops should be flat.

Hi i have a pc that wont boot up, it powers on then usually beeps and comes on, but now it powers up but no beep. I have changed the memory, i have tried a new hard drive, checked the cables but still nothing, any ideas anyone cant work it out at the minute.

Thanks

My friend had the same problem with her 3 week old ACER. it was the Motherboard - no option but to take it back for a replacement.