Kennings truck centre, penistone rd

When I first started at kennings I lived on Grammar st walkley  Bill Headford lived in Creswick st we used to walk to work together through Hillsborough park the number of times we where chased off by the Chinese geese they had on the boating lake just about every other day retread my previous post added some info

Edited by Golly D Guite

12 hours ago, Golly D Guite said:

Yeah I remember hoody and bill headford his son Ian worked in the panelshop  with dave ( tinks) Taylor mitch (Michael more ) and old wilf wardley  Janet Kenyon was one of the girls the was called Sandra there were 2 guys worked with them  Glynn was one the other was called Roger he rode a Ducati bike I kept in touch with Janet last time I saw her was 1990 just before I left UK she was living on wisewood estate  bloody hell that's a lifetime ago now I have now retired and living the dream in West Australia  the last place I worked in UK was Robin Hood in Doncaster with Ernie Mace Vessey Eddie Aykroyd & Derek Godley and Batman quite a few of ex kenning staff what you doing now 

I'll send you a PM.

As a student in '64, I worked for Longdens on a building extension for Kennings here. A mobile home based on a full-size coach was often seen on the forecourt of the factory which I was told belonged to Arthur Lee of the steelwork company. The rear of the coach opened up to provide wheelchair access.

The only coach I can remember similar to that I think it was brown and gold livery the whole back opened up for a formula 3 car to drive in not sure but around late sixties stan hay woods son was into formula 3 racing don't think it belonged to them . On display in the showroom was a horse drawn paraffin tanker that was one of the first of the kenning families business endeavour's

The coach I remember was definitely done out as a motorhome completely and I think was in a light green colour.

Ian Headford worked with me at Waldot Service Station on Middlewood rd i sold him a Peel Mountain mile fairing for his Norton Bike,I was driving Stan Haywood sons brand new Mini Cooper round the daft island at the top of Hoyle st when some soft bugger ran into it he was none too pleased.I remember Ziggy having Continental Cars at the front of Kennings Penistone rd.

Ian had a red Norton Commando, but I never remember it having a fairing fitted.

Hi Pete R, I think I know you, I worked at Kennings in the mid 70's, you were a biker, I'm Andy Morton.

On 13/12/2012 at 06:26, POLSKI said:

Thats not "Fingers" is it ?

Do you remember that handsome young lad in the Parts Dept along with Crooksy, Bri Crowcroft and Terry Robbertson ? Yep thats me !

Mr Hunt in Serivce, along with Ray Green and Dave Hodson.

Garage: Yank, 'Ockers, Podge, Spider, Jimmy Tadpole, etc etc

Would 'Crooksy' Be George Crooked who's dad kept a pub in Netherthorpe ?

Barry Butler, anybody? Think he used to service the emergency vehicles - police cars and the like.

On ‎18‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 18:13, St Petre said:

Would 'Crooksy' Be George Crookes who's dad kept a pub in Netherthorpe  ?

hi im lucy delahay my mum jennifer smith worked in office i believe 

can  anyone remember someone who worked on cars  called jack  

he was right ladies man from mum told me about him