Bernard Taylor and his Band - Sheffield City Hall

my grandfather and his brother played trumpet for bernard taylor they were the lobb brothers. they played during the war and beyond. my grandad tought me to play trumpet and i carried on playing only giving it up about 8 years ago. even after my grandad was in his late 70s and a falce set of teeth he was still a much better player than me. they must have been a realy good band. I still have on e of his trumpets

my grandfather and his brother played trumpet for bernard taylor they were the lobb brothers. they played during the war and beyond. my grandad tought me to play trumpet and i carried on playing only giving it up about 8 years ago. even after my grandad was in his late 70s and a falce set of teeth he was still a much better player than me. they must have been a realy good band. I still have on e of his trumpets

Betty Lobb was my chief bridesmaid.

Went to school with a Patricia (Pat) Lobb. I believe she had a younger sister called Elizabeth.

Edited by DUFFEMS

my mother was betty lobb before she married she used to talk about you.

Went to school with a Patricia (Pat) Lobb. I believe she had a younger sister called Elizabeth.

i have heard of a pat lobb was her father called Clifford lobb. or she could have been related to my great grandad

my mother was betty lobb before she married she used to talk about you.

We came over to Sheffield on vacation and I phoned your Grandmother to find out where Betty lived as we had lost touch with one another only to discover that Betty had died two weeks before. I was devastated, we were such good friends and I spent many happy hours at your Grandparents home.

You were lucky to have such loving parents & Grandparents.

Cynthia.

We came over to Sheffield on vacation and I phoned your Grandmother to find out where Betty lived as we had lost touch with one another only to discover that Betty had died two weeks before. I was devastated, we were such good friends and I spent many happy hours at your Grandparents home.

You were lucky to have such loving parents & Grandparents.

Cynthia.

i am sorry that you did not manage to see mum before she died i would like to contact you but i am not sure how, so we can have a private talk are you on facebook i think i know your sirname does it begin with b

Hi, jcelli.

I have sent you a private message. Look at the left hand side -'Site Contents', click on Message Inbox and there it is.

Cynthia.

Hi, jcelli.

I have sent you a private message. Look at the left hand side -'Site Contents', click on Message Inbox and there it is.

Cynthia.

Why don't you both download SKYPE you will then be able to talk to each other as long as you like for free.

Why don't you both download SKYPE you will then be able to talk to each other as long as you like for free.

From Canada ?.

From Canada ?.

i will have to find out what that is and as i only have a note pad ie very small memory i may not be able to do it