Mobile speed cameras

Whilst I would never condone speeding, Speed limits cannot be enforced (or should not) if the posted signage falls below the requirements in law. I am aware that the Camera Partnership check sites for compliance before enforcement is conducted.

I believe the enforcement level is still 10% + 2mph in any given limit. (eg. 36mph in a 30 zone).

For those of you that get caught, stop whining and pay the fine ! :D

Im sorry but I have this thing called a foot that after sometime either adds pressure to the peddle or reduces it. This causes the car to go faster or slower and without a limiter to make my car stick at 30mph or constantly watch the speedo the cars speed either creeps up or down without me knowing. Maybe all cars should be fitted with a speed limiter.:loopy:

Are you sure this was a camera van ? AND engaged in Speed Detection.

They do park on overhead bridges on the M180. (Sometimes in the early hours - naughty !!!)

However, to stop on the hard shoulder for Camera enforcement would be an Offence and its fair to say its unlawful to commit an Offence to detect one ?? :loopy:

It was on one of the little ramps coppers use.

Im sorry but I have this thing called a foot that after sometime either adds pressure to the peddle or reduces it. This causes the car to go faster or slower and without a limiter to make my car stick at 30mph or constantly watch the speedo the cars speed either creeps up or down without me knowing. Maybe all cars should be fitted with a speed limiter.:loopy:

Its called driving ability or acceleration sense, probarbly combined with your stated lack of attention you are a statistic waiting to happen ! Good luck............:D

Trying wearing slippers lots softer and wont press the pedal so hard....:confused:

It was on one of the little ramps coppers use.

So not parked on the hard shoulder after all...........mmmmmmmmm :o how very dare you ! :D

The most stupid one I saw recently was a camera van on the m180 parked up just of the hard shoulder. 1st it is parked around a blind bend, 2nd it was ******* it down. 1st thing I did when I saw it was brake, not recomended in the wet on a motorway second was to check my speed which would have been around 70mph before breaking. This I think is a narural reaction and could have been very dangerous. :loopy:

Had you been driving to the conditions / limit...........you would have avoided the `brake` reaction knowing you were driving fine and within the limit and avoided the potentially dangerous situation you describe..............A good lesson learnt !!!

Obviously, if the weather conditions were as described you being a professional driver were driving safely for the conditions within the limit and didnt need to brake hard in a panic potentially creating danger all around.......refresher training ??

Case closed....................:loopy:

Well I have been driving for over 20 years with no accidents caused by my driving, only time ever getting caught for speeding was doing 38mph heading into a 40mph zone. I drive now approx 60miles per day. before that I travelled over 1000 per week without an incidents so please don't comment on my driving as you have no idea of my driving capabilities. :mad:

Thanks for that. Good link.

I would say that the Police are stupid though.

They always put the camera mentioned on that website on Langsett Road South in Oughtie.

It is just round a bend and designed to trap people. But it is in the wrong place.

For a start nobody drives along that road now that Middlewood Road is shut. Yet they are there for two weeks.

Secondly they should put the camera up in Worrall where they are having probs with the diversion traffic speeding through their village.

The only time they changed the direction of the camera, they put it on Low Road in Oughtie. This really annoyed me because it is quite a slow road and not actuall where the problems were. The real probs were further along on Middlewood Rd/Langsett at the bottom of Beeley and Bertam Roads. Traffic overtakes there despite entrances and exits to other roads.

The Traffic police are lazy stupid idiots who only make the least effort to properly stop speeding. I almost got out of my car when they were on low Road to tell them what to do or go away and catch some criminals. I was angry, luckily my wife stopped me because they would have probably arrested me for being rude.

Maybe you should get your facts in order. The safety camera partnership staff are not police. Traffic police don't operate cameras.

But to be honest I don't think I could have had a go anyway because I was in fits of giggles. The two coppers fitted the lazy stupid stereotype. One had a ginger type beard and looked abit miserable. The other was really fat and drinking a milkshake. They did not look to interested in what they were doing.

Silly arses.

So what stereotype do you fit?

Maybe you should get your facts in order. The safety camera partnership staff are not police. Traffic police don't operate cameras.

So what stereotype do you fit?

The ones I saw at outibridge are coppers not camera vans.

The OP was talking about safety camera partnerships vans as posted on the website by the safety camera partnership. They definitely are not operated by the police.

The OP was talking about safety camera partnerships vans as posted on the website by the safety camera partnership. They definitely are not operated by the police.

Technically civilians shouldn't be allowed to operate speed cameras, because in law only a policeman is officially qualified to give the prior assessment of speed that the camera corroborates.

Doesn't stop them doing it though. :mad:

If it's checking every car coming down the road then there is no prior assessment of speed.

I didn't think that the police had any special power or right in this area though, it's just that a court is likely to take there word (or used to be before cameras were everywhere), as they have more experience in judging speed than your average jo.