Chocolate fountains at weddings...

Chocolate fountains occupy a huge amount of (immovable once set up) space at the reception and although they're fun, the potential for mess is a real worry, especially to anyone wearing really special clothing (i.e. the bride!).

I've been to a couple of weddings with one, but I do think that they're only for people who have lots of space and an appropriate area to allow lots of people movement around the fountain in the reception area. They're no use at all up a corner or in an area with tables and chairs- people just end up getting stuck trying to walk around everyone else and the furniture.

We went to a wedding and there was one. It was great but one little bridesmaid didn't have a cream dress on by the time she'd finished!

Thanks for all your replies i had never really thought about the mess i will have to chat with my venue and see what they think about space.

Thanks Again

''mmmmm chocolate''

oh yes the mess :love:

Baileys Fountain????

Mmmmm, now that sounds splendid

i would suggest hiring a proper one - not buying an el-cheapo one due to the fact you get a member of staff to man it, keep it clean etc.

Other than the obvious "mess" factor there is also the issue of choc re-circulation because you often get blocked pipes with the el-cheapo ones. You sometimes get a member of staff if you are prepared to pay for it who will sort out everything.

I had a home one for a dinner party and it was a nightmare to keep the chocolate melted and flowing ok. Imagine that on a larger scale!

Professional Choc fountain, baileys included:

http://www.mybudgetweddingplanner.co.uk/

OOOHHH visions of the vicar of Dibley when she stuck her whole head in it !!!

My worry would be a) my dress and B) alcohol and a chocolate fountain...not a good mix lol :hihi:

Chocolate fountains are one of those things you either love or hate.

There are so many chocoholics out there if you have one you'll be bound to please someone!

My advice would be to always hire a professional one - the home brought ones are cheaper but just don't work as well. There are enough things to think about on your wedding day without worrying about this as well.

My other top tip if you do decide to hire one is to really talk to the supplier. A good chocolate fountain supplier will use a good quality chocolate - a cheap chocolate fountain supplier may add oil (or something similar) to the chocolate to make it shiny and less likely to block up. This isn't a lovely thought and doesn't taste anywhere near as good - we chocoholics can tell!

Can anyone reccomend a good Hog roast company and chocolate fountain company(and Baileys fountain) please?

seen a few chocy fountains at wedding fayres but would like a reccomendation too.

Thanks Em xxx

Can anyone reccomend a good Hog roast company and chocolate fountain company(and Baileys fountain) please?

seen a few chocy fountains at wedding fayres but would like a reccomendation too.

Thanks Em xxx

Baileys catering do a hog roast, they are based in Barnsley. Sparkle n shine weddings do a really good deal on the chocolate fountain, I think they charge some where in the region of £270 for 100 guest, Which I dont think any one round here can beat. I no with been on a tight budget trying to get all the deals for my wedding I search the internet for days. I would give them a ring tho coz they get booked up well in advance. They also do good deals on chair covers.

I cant post there website coz I havent replyed to enough threads.

sparklenshineweddings.co.uk dont forget the www at the begining

Has anyone used them for a chocolate fountain??

Good/bad?

Or can you recommend a chocolate fountain hire company?

Thanks