Sheffield Kickboxers Fighters Rankings

Did Georgia do a kata or something in interval at showdown?

Yes she took part in the weapons kata , Terry from KTBF and BUMAC has confirmed his demo team doing a demo on my show in November.

Updated list as i actually missed out one of my own fighters!!!

1.Georgia Devaney KTBF = 60kg

2.Billie Abdulla , Lau gar = 57kg

3.Holly Scott Mason AFK = 54kg

4.Clobo , Marsdens (especially after Friday night!!!) =52kg

5.Sam Fisher , Lau Gar = 52kg

6.Kathryn Mapley AFK = 70kg

7.Tina Graham Lau Gar = 63-65kg (just a guess )

8.Hannah Shepherd AFK = 60kg

Let me guess,... never heard of Holly Mason?

nope. should I have?

LOL

2 times British university champion and also number 4 in the world at Savate (French kickboxing).

good, good....still haven't heard of her though!!! lol

good, good....still haven't heard of her though!!! lol

Have you heard of Kirkwood walker, Shaun Johnson , Barrington Patterson , Tyrone Herod, Mark Russell, Dillian White , Andy Love or Ricky Nicholson either?

The point i have just made Clo_Bo is that there is an abundance of general ignorance with respect to the kickboxing scene in sheffield.

There are an awful lot of fighters who are quite simply pure novices being touted as being "highly rated" .

On one post on this forum someone mentioned the name of a fighter who quite simply SHOULD NOT be in the ring at all!

This particular fighter was poorly trained, not conditioned to being hit and was looking away everytime he hit or was hit. His defence and composure were virtually non existent. Now this is not this particular lad's fault who should by all means be applauded for getting into the ring in the first place BUT the question should be asked, "Who is actually teaching people to fight like that" and also "who is actually allowing people of that standard to compete" .

It is the instructors duty to see that a fighter is prepared before putting them into the ring and even more so to ensure they are matched correctly.

But they wont exactly always stay like that , the fighters at the top have to keep their place at the top.

Example, what is to stop say Simon Marsden challenging you for the number 2 spot Sunny? If Simon were to beat you (he would have to HIT you first i :hihi:)

Or even for example Wajid fighting Lewys Stokes then beating him ?

You see where im coming from , so the ratings system is based on what you have done so far.

Yer true but training in Leicester means it will be unlikely Il fight anyone in that list....The only person I would want to fight in that list is the guy above me..sparring with Barinder Singh who is the same weight as me deffers helping..he hits hard! :gag:

The point i have just made Clo_Bo is that there is an abundance of general ignorance with respect to the kickboxing scene in sheffield.

There are an awful lot of fighters who are quite simply pure novices being touted as being "highly rated" .

On one post on this forum someone mentioned the name of a fighter who quite simply SHOULD NOT be in the ring at all!

This particular fighter was poorly trained, not conditioned to being hit and was looking away everytime he hit or was hit. His defence and composure were virtually non existent. Now this is not this particular lad's fault who should by all means be applauded for getting into the ring in the first place BUT the question should be asked, "Who is actually teaching people to fight like that" and also "who is actually allowing people of that standard to compete" .

It is the instructors duty to see that a fighter is prepared before putting them into the ring and even more so to ensure they are matched correctly.

Which fighter are you talking about?

Which fighter are you talking about?

Im surprised you havent cottoned on by now. I showed some of my students the DVD and they were disgusted. I dont intend to name names , the very fact that you havent realised yet only proves my point further.

(My point about general ignorance that is)

The same show featured fighters who were brown and black belts who lacked basic composure that even my yellow/orange /green belts have exhibited in the ring.

It also makes clear why quite a few local clubs seem to be afraid to be matched on my shows :D Again naming no names.

nope, haven't a clue chef. faught on showdown?