Sheffield Kickboxers Fighters Rankings

I dont recall seeing Kathryn Mapley or Hannah Shepherd fight so cant really comment on them but the others are probably about right.

Well I've seen Kathryn Mapley fight and she is known to rag guys around in the ring.....she is a power house...I think if she fought more she could easily be number 1

Well I've seen Kathryn Mapley fight and she is known to rag guys around in the ring.....she is a power house...I think if she fought more she could easily be number 1

What weight does she fight at Sunny?

i think this is a great thread, well done Chefkicker!

Just one question, exactly which form of kickboxing are the lists based upon. The only reason why I ask is that it is my understanding that some of the above mention clubs don't practice Knees and low kicks but some do (for example Shane from SDF).

This ratings list is an overall. Obviously fights with low kicks and knees hold more weight than normal full contact and full contact more than light continuous.

Would you not put Oliver Woolard in the top 10?? he fights at this weight doesnt he?

In all honesty, Adrian has always given me Oliver's name for matching up at more of a 74/75kg. I will put the rankings for that division on next. If Oliver were to be on this list , he would rank at number 6 just below Hussain. I rate Hussain higher than Oliver on two counts mainly.

1.Sheer power , Hussain has a strong right cross and a dangerous uppercut.

2.Chin , Hussain can take a shot as was demonstrated against Ashley Gammon. Olivers head tends to snap back a lot when hit.

3.Defence , despite having a lazy workrate, Hussain has a very tight guard , Oliver is more an offensive than a defensive fighter.

TanyaT1,

Do you think Oliver ranks higher than any of the above fighters?

Please speak out if you do.

Cheers

Farhad

What weight does she fight at Sunny?

dunno probably 60kg? She is in the highest weight division I think.

dunno probably 60kg? She is in the highest weight division I think.

60kg ??? :hihi:

Maybe when she was about 13 years old. She couldnt make 60kg unless someone removed an arm or a leg !!!

Regarding her against some of the others, I actually stopped her from fighting in the BUMAC, as it would be like placing Matt Skelton in K1 UK!!!

In all honesty, Adrian has always given me Oliver's name for matching up at more of a 74/75kg. I will put the rankings for that division on next. If Oliver were to be on this list , he would rank at number 6 just below Hussain. I rate Hussain higher than Oliver on two counts mainly.

1.Sheer power , Hussain has a strong right cross and a dangerous uppercut.

2.Chin , Hussain can take a shot as was demonstrated against Ashley Gammon. Olivers head tends to snap back a lot when hit.

3.Defence , despite having a lazy workrate, Hussain has a very tight guard , Oliver is more an offensive than a defensive fighter.

TanyaT1,

Do you think Oliver ranks higher than any of the above fighters?

Please speak out if you do.

Cheers

Farhad

Yeah i would have ranked him number 5/6 too if he was to be put on the list!

Sorry forgot to add, doesnt Hamza (think thats right) fight at the Same weight as Julian? he beat Julian at one of your comps didnt he Chef?

Yeah i would have ranked him number 5/6 too if he was to be put on the list!

Definitely below Hussain!!!

Mind you , since everyone below number 6 is more or less a beginner, that is still not a flattering position for someone who has been training as long as that in my opinion.

What weight does Rowdie fight at?

Rowdie fights at 69/70kg but in all honesty would have no trouble with most of them on the list for 75-78kg ???? Did i just say that? Thats crazy!

Hamza is not on the list he currently resides in Derby even though he fought out of Kurdistan on that day.

LIGHT WELTERWEIGHT DIVISION :

62-65KG

1. SCOT SYKES (SDF)

2. SUNNY SINGH (AFK)

3. AMJED SHAFFIQUE (AFK)

4.ADAM LAWRENCE (Lau Gar )

5.SIMON MARSDEN (Marsdens)

6.LEWYS STOKES (Black Dragons)

7.DARREN MARSDEN (Marsdens )

8.SAFA IBRAHIM ( AFK )

9.PAUL CROPPER ( SDF )

10.WAJID SHAFFIQUE (Lau Gar)

If anybody wants me to justify the rankings of alter them then by all means feel free.

:D