Sheffield Kickboxers Fighters Rankings

There has been a lot of activity lately in sheffields kickboxing scene. Admittedly, sheffield have a long way to go before they catch up to the rest of the country but I do still think it is worth talking about all the same.

It might be worth mentioning the different weight divisions in which there are a lot of activity locally.

Examples:

61-65kg light welterweight

67-70kg superwelterweight

71-75kg middleweight

75-78kg Supermiddleweight

82-86kg Cruiserweight

Ladies Divisions = There are a few female kickboxers in sheffield, so it will be better to mention their standard pound for pound as opposed to as a whole.

The story so far:

Female Rankings (pound for pound as this includes all divisions)

1.Georgia Devaney KTBF (has achieved a lot despite being only 15, I'd match her against ANY of these on the list)

2.Billie Abdulla , Lau gar

3.Clobo , Marsdens (especially after Friday night!!!)

4.Sam Fisher , Lau Gar

5.Kathryn Mapley AFK

6.Tina Graham Lau Gar

7.Hannah Shepherd AFK

Supermiddleweight (75-78kg)

1.Shane Beard SDF

2.Julian Bramold SDF/Marsdens

3.Mike Neal AFK

4.Mark Aldridge AFK

5.Hussain Shafique Lau Gar

6.Rob Kelsall Black Dragons

7.Arron Bothamley Lau Gar

8.Ant Stuchbury AFK

9.David Banner AFK

10.Nick CRampin Lau Gar

Cant think of any others im afraid.

Anybody want to list a 65kg list of sheffield fighters? There are LOADS in that division.

65kg is THE glory division in sheffield.

1.Shane Beard SDF

3.Mike Neal AFK

4.Mark Aldridge AFK

8.Ant Stuchbury AFK

9.David Banner AFK

10.Nick CRampin Lau Gar

Explanations of the above division:

1.Shane Beard has won most of his fights by KO or TKO. Only one went the distance , against Mark Seargant which he lost.

2.Julian has been competing for years, he has won the BUMAC tournament at least 4 times over. He has onyl placed 2nd in the BUMAC once due to narrowly losing out to Joseph Fanous from AFK.

He also gave Hamza "Jet Li" Majied from Kurdistan a really good fight.

3.Mike Neal was the undisputed British universities kickboxing champion.

He holds a Thaiboxing fight record of 3wins and 1 Draw.

His only blemish on his career was a loss under unfamiliar rules which was a last minute alteration.

4.Mark Aldridge lasted until the 3rd round with Shane Beard. It was a typical "rocky movie scenario in which both were exhausted. Shane took the initiative finishing the fight with a punch followed by a knee. Mark also has 2 stoppage wins including one Head kick KO!

One of Mark's victories was over the Welsh Thaiboxing instructor Jonathan Bates (trained by world champions Phil Williams and Dave Newbrook)

5.Hussain Shafique, little is known about him apart from his one win over Ashley Gammon in which he demonstrated strong counter punching and a tight guard.

6.Rob Kelsall lost his first fight against Lau gar Black belt Oliver Woolard and also holds a victory against an instructor from round about the Newark/Sleaford region.

Rob also placed 2nd in the BUMAC losing out to the larger AFK Fighter Neil Topping

7.Arron Bothamley is older than your average fighter and probably not the quickest or flashiest but gets the job done!

Arron went 3 rounds with Ricky Gammon from nottingham (not many people can do that) in what was a one sided contest in which Arron kept getting up and coming back for more !!!

Arron won his last match against Local Kung Fu instructor Nick crampin by KO in the 1st round!

8.Ant Stutcbury is AFK's best kept secret. He gives it 100% in training and due to the AFK training regime looks a lot larger than his weight division. Ant lost his 1st fight by stoppage and has vowed that he will never let that happen again.

Destined for greater things, watch this space!

9.David Banner is lower down in the rankings as he had only fought once!

David has defeated Darryl Harvey who Rob Kelsall drew with , this would be an exciting match up for the number 6 slot!

Dont make David Banner Angry (you wont like him when he's angry)

10. I have only seen Nick fight once (to my knowledge that was his ring debut anyway)

The rest of the fighters should not underestimate Nick based on that performance as he might come back with renewed vows and a new legend of the supermiddleweight division could be made!

No one has replied to the above list of rankings.

That could be due to a few possible reasons.

1.Most people in sheffield do not understand kickboxing as a competitive sport (hence the no response)

2. Everyone agrees with the rankings (which means i am right :hihi: )

3.People are afraid to challenge my opinion on the rankings.

Come on kickboxers, if you disagree with my official rankings then say so, Ill be glad to change them!

No one has replied to the above list of rankings.

That could be due to a few possible reasons.

1.Most people in sheffield do not understand kickboxing as a competitive sport (hence the no response)

2. Everyone agrees with the rankings (which means i am right :hihi: )

3.People are afraid to challenge my opinion on the rankings.

Come on kickboxers, if you disagree with my official rankings then say so, Ill be glad to change them!

Your always right Chef! :hihi:

Your always right Chef! :hihi:

So i am Yorkie, By the way in the supermiddle rankings, number 7 KO'd number 10 in the first round.

Also in the ladies rankings number 3 beat number 4.

Would you say that these rankigns give you an accurate representation of what the sheffield fighters are all about?

1.Shane Beard SDF

3.Mike Neal AFK

4.Mark Aldridge AFK

8.Ant Stuchbury AFK

9.David Banner AFK

10.Nick CRampin Lau Gar

Cant think of any others im afraid.

Anybody want to list a 65kg list of sheffield fighters? There are LOADS in that division.

65kg is THE glory division in sheffield.

Out of that List I would put Julian at number 1...Shane is good but I think Julian would be too strong for him. Maybe thats a good match up for the future.

i think this is a great thread, well done Chefkicker!

Just one question, exactly which form of kickboxing are the lists based upon. The only reason why I ask is that it is my understanding that some of the above mention clubs don't practice Knees and low kicks but some do (for example Shane from SDF).

Out of that List I would put Julian at number 1...Shane is good but I think Julian would be too strong for him. Maybe thats a good match up for the future.

I think the Chef has them the right way around. I agree a very good fight for the future both are excellent fighters!

1.Shane Beard SDF

3.Mike Neal AFK

4.Mark Aldridge AFK

8.Ant Stuchbury AFK

9.David Banner AFK

10.Nick CRampin Lau Gar

Explanations of the above division:

1.Shane Beard has won most of his fights by KO or TKO. Only one went the distance , against Mark Seargant which he lost.

2.Julian has been competing for years, he has won the BUMAC tournament at least 4 times over. He has onyl placed 2nd in the BUMAC once due to narrowly losing out to Joseph Fanous from AFK.

He also gave Hamza "Jet Li" Majied from Kurdistan a really good fight.

3.Mike Neal was the undisputed British universities kickboxing champion.

He holds a Thaiboxing fight record of 3wins and 1 Draw.

His only blemish on his career was a loss under unfamiliar rules which was a last minute alteration.

4.Mark Aldridge lasted until the 3rd round with Shane Beard. It was a typical "rocky movie scenario in which both were exhausted. Shane took the initiative finishing the fight with a punch followed by a knee. Mark also has 2 stoppage wins including one Head kick KO!

One of Mark's victories was over the Welsh Thaiboxing instructor Jonathan Bates (trained by world champions Phil Williams and Dave Newbrook)

5.Hussain Shafique, little is known about him apart from his one win over Ashley Gammon in which he demonstrated strong counter punching and a tight guard.

6.Rob Kelsall lost his first fight against Lau gar Black belt Oliver Woolard and also holds a victory against an instructor from round about the Newark/Sleaford region.

Rob also placed 2nd in the BUMAC losing out to the larger AFK Fighter Neil Topping

7.Arron Bothamley is older than your average fighter and probably not the quickest or flashiest but gets the job done!

Arron went 3 rounds with Ricky Gammon from nottingham (not many people can do that) in what was a one sided contest in which Arron kept getting up and coming back for more !!!

Arron won his last match against Local Kung Fu instructor Nick crampin by KO in the 1st round!

8.Ant Stutcbury is AFK's best kept secret. He gives it 100% in training and due to the AFK training regime looks a lot larger than his weight division. Ant lost his 1st fight by stoppage and has vowed that he will never let that happen again.

Destined for greater things, watch this space!

9.David Banner is lower down in the rankings as he had only fought once!

David has defeated Darryl Harvey who Rob Kelsall drew with , this would be an exciting match up for the number 6 slot!

Dont make David Banner Angry (you wont like him when he's angry)

10. I have only seen Nick fight once (to my knowledge that was his ring debut anyway)

The rest of the fighters should not underestimate Nick based on that performance as he might come back with renewed vows and a new legend of the supermiddleweight division could be made!

Would you not put Oliver Woolard in the top 10?? he fights at this weight doesnt he?

The story so far:

Female Rankings (pound for pound as this includes all divisions)

1.Georgia Devaney KTBF (has achieved a lot despite being only 15, I'd match her against ANY of these on the list)

2.Billie Abdulla , Lau gar

3.Clobo , Marsdens (especially after Friday night!!!)

4.Sam Fisher , Lau Gar

5.Kathryn Mapley AFK

6.Tina Graham Lau Gar

7.Hannah Shepherd AFK

I dont recall seeing Kathryn Mapley or Hannah Shepherd fight so cant really comment on them but the others are probably about right.