Location location location J36 M1

Hi all.

Need some help and advice. Been looking at buying a house nearby to J36 of the M1. One the west side, it's Sheffield (Tankersley) and on the other it's Barnsley (Birdwell).

Anyone has any inside/local information on Birdwell or Tankersley. Or the surrounding area. Really want to be close to J36 in order to get to Leeds for work. Any information at all would be helpful, i.e. places to avoid, nice parks/schools/nursery etc.

Thanks!

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=251204

Hi there - my house is 4 sale very close to Junc 35a/36 M1

A lovely area with plenty of going on...parts very rural (Pilley Tankersley Wentworth Hoyland Nether ...close local schools and good transport links for M1 North or M1 South AND Transpennine.

20 Mins from Sheffield

30 Mins from Leeds

Retail Park 10 mins away and Meadowhall 10 mins away

Good value for house prices - compared to Sheffield and without the hassle !!!!

There are lots of good places, and still reasonably cheap, in that area- my brother-in-law commutes from Ardsley to Leeds every day.

I would look at Hoyland, Wombwell, Darfield- they are all on the up, and cheaper than Grenoside, High Green, etc

We have lived on in the Dowlands area of high green for 5 years now and absolubtly love it. The north of Sheffield is still quite well priced and has great acess to moterways, meadowhall, manchester and the peak district. It is a perfect compromise between rural and urban and great for raising a familly.

Hi all.

Need some help and advice. Been looking at buying a house nearby to J36 of the M1. One the west side, it's Sheffield (Tankersley) and on the other it's Barnsley (Birdwell).

Anyone has any inside/local information on Birdwell or Tankersley. Or the surrounding area. Really want to be close to J36 in order to get to Leeds for work. Any information at all would be helpful, i.e. places to avoid, nice parks/schools/nursery etc.

Thanks!

Have you considered Deepcar, only 4 miles from J36, with J37 easily accesable via Silkstone, yet on the doorstep of the Peak District, with good schools etc, yet part of Sheffield.

Lovely house for sale with quite a bit of land.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-16400063.rsp?pa_n=1&tr_t=buy

Thanks for looking

I have always lived on the north side of Sheffield.

Deepcar, Penistone, Deepcar again and now Ecclesfield.

The area has good schools and lots of green open spaces. Very handy for Meadowhall and M1 access.

For advise on how to prepare your home for sale visit http://www.designtosell.co.uk

i know junction 37 dodworth is ok and leading back to silkstone a really nice area, with nice school and church. only 2 miles from the motorway silkstone. in silkstone village is a bakery, shops, pot house hamlet which is great to visit and pharmacy and hair dresser.

Hi all.

Thanks!

Tankersley is nice, BUT there are going to be some large industrial units built around there, the locals are up in arms about it. Loads of houses have come on the market as people try to sell up before the units are built and house prices fall and the area is ruined.

I cant post a link, but google "tankersley parish council warehouses application"

I lived in Birdwell, bit of a one horse town, some minor anti social behaviour, wouldn't recommend that place really though.

I'd go a bit further out if you can afford it, Silkstone, Cawthorne, Hood Green really really nice.

Just my 2P

I moved from S6 to Hoyland 3 years ago, and I must say I really like it. We are very close to the countryside, M1 Junction 36, really easy to nip everywhere in the care.

What is your budget? What type of house are you looking for? I have a 200 year old Victorian Detached for sale. 3-5 minutes from J36.:)