Why should I have to clean up after someone else's cats?

People are quick enough - and rightly so - to villify dog owners who don't clean up the dog poo...but seem to think it's perfectly acceptable for cats to poo wherever they like and the owners not to do a thing about it. It's no healthier for young kids to find than dog poo, thanks.

Filthy! I'd never expect my neighbours to have to clean up after our dog. Why should I have to clean up after their cat?

I understand it's hard to clean up after your cat as they move around a lot. Is it possible to train them to mostly use litter trays?

Is it possible to train them to mostly use litter trays?

You've never had a cat then, have you? If they go outside, then no, it is not.

Fact is, we were never intended to be the only species on the planet, you know. If there is a piece of ground then various animals, birds and insects will deposit things on it.

Fact is, we were never intended to be the only species on the planet, you know. If there is a piece of ground then various animals, birds and insects will deposit things on it.

Well said!

Cat poo is a fact of life, the question is are you going to waste hours being frustrated and angered by it or forget about it after the few minutes it takes to clear up and move on?

I suggest moving on, life is too short to waste on being angered by poop:D

Oh can I let my dog come and do its business on your garden then!:gag:

"Oh can I let my dog come and do its business on your garden then!"

Dogs are controllable, so a different case. There are certainly cats other than my own regularly in my garden. Also birds which deposit things on my garden table etc. Part of the natural world.

Oh can I let my dog come and do its business on your garden then!:gag:

You can if you like, but if you dont clean it up, you could get a fine

I got so fed up of next door's cat doing its business in my garden that I went next door and took a crap in its litter tray. It hasn't dared go in my garden since......

I got so fed up of next door's cat doing its business in my garden that I went next door and took a crap in its litter tray. It hasn't dared go in my garden since......

Good on you :hihi:

"Oh can I let my dog come and do its business on your garden then!"

Dogs are controllable, so a different case. There are certainly cats other than my own regularly in my garden. Also birds which deposit things on my garden table etc. Part of the natural world.

Completely disagree. Animals are the owners responsibility and if they can't clean up after them they shouldn't have them as pets in the first place! :rant:

Why should others have to put up with cat mess. If I wanted to clean c*** up I'd get a job as a lavoratory cleaner! :gag:

Ok then, we'll go leaping across the fence, through the woods, across many gardens to follow our cats and clean up after them :roll:

Not many cats actually have litter trays, they are trained to use them as kittens but as they get older and go outside they learn to do it outside. It's just life, do you get really cross about birdpoo on your windscreen too? Do you expect them to come and wipe it off? :hihi:

Ok then, we'll go leaping across the fence, through the woods, across many gardens to follow our cats and clean up after them :roll:

Exactly - if you can't clean up after them, dont have em!:rolleyes: