Why should I have to clean up after someone else's cats?

Apparently the scent of lemon keeps cats away, maybe spray a bit of aromatherapy oil on your bush!?

her husband might think it improves things but i cant see how that will help the cats? maybe they wont come near her lap...

Was sorting out my garden yesterday and came across a load of poo from my neighbour's cats. Why should I have to clean up after their cats - ended up getting that cross I threw it over the fence onto their garden.

I hear cats like tomatoes chopped up with a sardines ;)

I had the same problem but it seems to have gone away :)

My Neighbour comes round two or three times a week and clears up our front without us having to ask.

Mind you she does feed a lot of cats.

We all know small children play with or eat worms, should all worms be exterminated or locked up?

Quite a difference between worms (which I'm sure are eaten in some areas of the world) and cat dirt (which I've yet to see be part of some tribal type food source, for a reason). So you'd rather children muck about in cat poo than run around messing around with a worm in their hands?

The impression I'm getting though is yeah it's my cat but the crap problem is everyone else's propblem.

No I am just saying we should not be so scared of the natural world, which cats are part of. Children need to learn to distinguish between good things to touch and not to touch. You cannot sanitize soil. As the only alternative is to exterminate all cats or incarcerate all cats, then I think a bit of "live and let live" should come into play.

"Cats are for people who in my opinion are too lazy to look after a dog. Feed them when they come home then let them wander off again until they decide to show up again. No need to clean up after them as this is not practical as already pointed out."

This reflects the philosophy that animals are at the sufference of and/or for the use of humans. Cats are independent animals who choose to live with humans as suits them. Cats should no more need to be locked up for the convenience of humans than I should get the neighbours kids locked up because the noise annoys me (and noise annoyance could cause stress health problems etc). Children digging around in dirt will get germs whether there is cat, squirrel, hedgehog, pigeon droppings etc. We don't live in an entirely sanitised world. That is partly how people learn it isn't necessarily wise to get dirty in the soil, (and to avoid certain things) and to clean themselves afterwards if they do.

I once saw a documentry that compared the mental age of a domestic cat to that of it's wild counterpart. It basically said that as we looked after them it stopped them from 'maturing' and if this was translated to that of a human example it would be something like an adult with the mental age of an eight year old. Can't remember what the program was as i was about 16 but gave a good insight into what they get up to when they're off on their own etc.

Apparently the scent of lemon keeps cats away, maybe spray a bit of aromatherapy oil on your bushes!?

her husband might think it improves things but i cant see how that will help the cats? maybe they wont come near her lap...

Thanks for the laugh.. :hihi:.

Fanbloomintastic.. :hihi:

No I am just saying we should not be so scared of the natural world, which cats are part of. Children need to learn to distinguish between good things to touch and not to touch. You cannot sanitize soil. As the only alternative is to exterminate all cats or incarcerate all cats, then I think a bit of "live and let live" should come into play.

No, but we should be able to control it to a degree. Perhaps cat owners could lend some of their knowledge to others to reduce the problem rather than pulling someone down who does not want it in their garden and basically saying it's your problem.

We have one nasty tomcat that comes into our garden, and even our conservatory sometimes and sprays, apparently that's different to normal cat pee and it smells awful!! So even though I love cats, I agree that it can be a pain but there's not much that can be done!

"We have one nasty tomcat that comes into our garden, and even our conservatory sometimes and sprays, apparently that's different to normal cat pee and it smells awful!! So even though I love cats, I agree that it can be a pain but there's not much that can be done!"

I have one who comes through the cat flap and sprays in the house!! Mind you he hasn't done so for a while.

We have one nasty tomcat that comes into our garden, and even our conservatory sometimes and sprays, apparently that's different to normal cat pee and it smells awful!! So even though I love cats, I agree that it can be a pain but there's not much that can be done!

Urghhh! Nothing worst than the stench of unneutered tom cat! We fostered one particuarly pungent one once and, although he was kept in an upstairs room, the smell hit you the minute you walked through the back door. And it took a couple of weeks after he was de-balled before it faded entirely. We almost took to wearing gas masks and had to refrain from asking anybody into the house :hihi:

The neutered ones can still spray, I assure you.