The "Useful" knitalong thread

Hey if you're starting with 4 needles, does that mean foot coverings are next?

Hehe :D Is this how you grew into knitting socks then?

I'm not sure about foor coverings but I might try to knit something else with 4 bigger needles though.

Hope it's not an OT, but what's a stint, Jill?

A stint is a colloquial expression. It means to spend time doing something e.g. a stint as a journalist, cricket umpire, wool shop owner, radio interviewee! A stint can be minutes or years. very useful word :)

The rat is great! Instantly recognisable even though it's not real rat colour - well, not round here anyway :D

Thanks for the explanation Jill. :)

The rat..... I will have to start ALL OVER again as I managed to knit the tummy at the back!! I cannot unravel it I've sewn parts already. I started the tummy with the wrong needle, how confusing is reading a 4-needle-pattern :gag:

But I started a new one already and hopefully all body parts will be on the right place this time.

Oooh, I want one! I have a bit of red wool somewhere left over from the tomato hat. I wonder if it's enough... I also wonder if I'll ever finish any project!!!! I must finish one before starting another. Help!

I have spare red wool, one entire ball if you would like it Becky!

Believe it or not I have finished one teacosy and am doing a cactus tea cosy now. What fun!

I have spare red wool, one entire ball if you would like it Becky!

Don't tempt me! I can't start anything else new yet - it's on my future 'to knit' list :D

Believe it or not I have finished one teacosy and am doing a cactus tea cosy now. What fun!

I love cacti! I need a picture of this tea cosy!

I will finish it off tomorrow and I will try to send a piccie. Arms aching now!

Having been inspired by the tea cosies etc I thought I'd join in (better late than never!). I'm having a go at adapting a tea cosy pattern to make a cafetiere-coffee-thingy cosy /cover. We did have one but the dog took a dislike to it and it is no more! - so a new one will be useful. I really like the wool (Noro Kureyon) - but not sure if the pattern will work - we'll see!

Here's the progress so far. (thats it's bottom!)

maramcp - I love the strawberry!

... and shame about the rat Bami - he was looking good!

I'm having a go at adapting a tea cosy pattern to make a cafetiere-coffee-thingy cosy /cover. I really like the wool (Noro Kureyon) - but not sure if the pattern will work - we'll see!

Here's the progress so far. (thats it's bottom!)

!

Those colours are just gorgeous. I'm sure I've seen that wool somewhere before :huh:

Looks as though it is shaping up well for a cafetiere cosy. Remember the pattern so we, er, you can make another one :D