The "Useful" knitalong thread

Oooh, I've seen that before and thought it looked good! I't on my 'future' list :)

Does a handbag count as a useful item?

Only if it's for hitting ex-husbands with! :rant::hihi:

Oooh, I've seen that before and thought it looked good! I't on my 'future' list :)

Does a handbag count as a useful item?

Only if it's shaped like a pig :hihi:

Well one out of two isn't bad! I don't have an ex-husband...

I can't start it yet as my needles haven't arrived :(

Well one out of two isn't bad! I don't have an ex-husband...

I know of one going spare ;)

Ha, ha! I think he has already been taken!

Handbags count as useful/essential, in my book.

First picture of the throw here. I've altered the stripe sequence from the book, not that you can really see stripes, and I'm using 8mm needles, not the 9mm in the pattern, partly because I tend to knit loosely when there's a few yarn overs, but also because I couldn't be bothered to buy any 9mm circulars.

It's growing more slowly than I thought it would, 137 stitches per row does that to you I guess!

First picture of the throw here. I've altered the stripe sequence from the book, not that you can really see stripes, and I'm using 8mm needles, not the 9mm in the pattern, partly because I tend to knit loosely when there's a few yarn overs, but also because I couldn't be bothered to buy any 9mm circulars.

It's growing more slowly than I thought it would, 137 stitches per row does that to you I guess!

Knitbird, that is looking just lovely! :clap:

That does look lovely!:smile:

I still haven't decided what I'm knitting. I could do my Camomile throw. This is also from the Colinette Toast and Marmalade book. I have the yarn ready. The trouble is, I'm into knitting Christmas socks mode. Do socks constitute "useful", even though they are the only thing I knit these days?

I thought I'd have a go at the garterlac dishcloth now I've got the cotton. Once things have settled down and I've caught up with last month's knitting; I'll get my needles out and see what I can do!!

Isn't Knitbird's throw looking great?