Changing Broadband Provider

You need to get a MAC (Migration Access Code) code off Wanadoo, then contact whoever you want to change to, give them the MAC code, and they will migrate your Broadband services to their company, the whole process does take up to 5 working days to complete though so unless you've got a dial up connection to be going on with, you'll be offline for 5 days during the transition from one ISP to the other.

If you are migrating then it will be a couple of hours downtime at the most. When I migrated to Plusnet it was 10 minutes downtime.

It all depends on how much of a complete **** up Openreach make of the switchover.

Like you said, in theory it should take at most a few hours but both the last two times I switched I was left offline for days due to Openreach making a mess of things.

Generally the better the broadband, the more things that can go wrong during switchover.

Hi,

Just to chuck my ten pence in, if speed is your concern, then you need to be looking at fibre optic broadband from a Digital Region provider (Like us), Virgin or BT Infinity.

Neil

If we had fibre in our area then I would... :(

I assume you HAVE checked that you can get neither Digital Region or BT Infinity then?

If we had fibre in our area then I would... :(

As Alex says go to the Digital Region website and use their checker, they have cabled up most of South Yorkshire now. This is a separate network from BT.