Nags Head, Shalesmoor

4 hours ago, Edward Vimto said:

The Nags Head has been knocked down.

Yes but it hadn't been in 2004 where all the previous posts come from.  🙂

Guest makapaka

The nags head was knocked down for road widening which never happened- real shame.

If the road was never widened, could it not be rebuilt again ? However I think this is incorrect and indeed the road now runs where it once stood, as it used to be located directly across from the Ship Inn  ... I stand corrected?

Guest makapaka
3 hours ago, GinTreeS7 said:

If the road was never widened, could it not be rebuilt again ? However I think this is incorrect and indeed the road now runs where it once stood, as it used to be located directly across from the Ship Inn  ... I stand corrected?

I may have mixed it up with a pub down in attercliffe now I think of it - apologies if so.

Edited by makapaka

On 28/12/2018 at 14:47, GinTreeS7 said:

I might be wrong, but I believe the skeleton of the Nag's Head is still opposite the Ship. It is behind a fence and is overgrown.

On 01/02/2019 at 14:35, drolnhoj said:

I might be wrong, but I believe the skeleton of the Nag's Head is still opposite the Ship. It is behind a fence and is overgrown.

Yes you're  right , the Nags Head was at the bottom of  Mathew Street which is straight opposite  the Ship Inn. If you were looking across the road from the Ships doorway the Nags Head  was on the right hand corner of Mathew Street.

Mathew Street still exists  albeit  derelict.