Nags Head, Shalesmoor

I've heard this pub has been closed and boarded up in the last few days - Can anyone confirm this?

Not sure about boarded up but I don't think it's been open for a while, I go past it on the tram loads and never see anyone going in or out of the place.

It has been boarded up and closed the past few days, I have no idea why though.

Its closed down - goin to be demolished soon to make way for a dual carriageway i think.

Pam the landlady will be taking ove the Manchester pub i believe - ahhh I will miss the old Nags - the characters, the karaoke, the pool, the characters, the songs ....

Lets hope the same atmospehere revives in the Manchester ...

I noticed that the Manchester lights were on last night so she must be taking it over. Its a big pub but out of the way.

I'm told that in the plans for the ring road extension the Nags Head is to be demolished to make way for the road.

Good to see the Manchester is to reopen, the place has potential in the right hands. It's fairly big, also has an upstairs room, and will extend the Kelham Island crawl (Cask, Kelham, Cat, Riverside).

Any plans to continue the karaoke to the Manchester ? I must check it out when open.

The Manchester is now open. Apparantly very quiet though, I guess no one knows it's opened yet....!

The Manchester is on Nursery Street, which is the road that starts from just below the markets in town (the traffic lights by the river) and follows the river and joins Penistone Road near Hillsborough. Once you pass the Manchester you come to some traffic lights where there is a junction with Corporation Street, where the Riverside bar is (a short walk from Kelham Island Museum, Fat Cat pub and Kelham Island Tavern), then continuing along that road it turns into Mowbray Street and goes past the Gardeners Rest pub.

The 47/48/53 buses stop outside the pub.