Are there any good Ska nights in sheffield?

Anyone know about 'new' ska bands today? I've got to write an essay whilst I'm on work experience either on Ska, Northern Soul or Jarvis Cocker......

Thanks

check out sheffields very own top ska/reggae bands Bison, Amiko & The Superficial Heroes, really top people and great music

nice one mate, cheers for spreading our music. make sure all you ska heads come to BISONS birthday bash on the 25th march at the blind centre, its gonna be MASSIVE, its our new album launch andwell be playin lots of new tunes for you to skank to. I cant wait!!!!! Poke are also going to be playing :D

See http://www.allhailthebison.com or http://www.myspace.com/allhailthebison for more details!

How do!

i am currently in the process of touting around venues in sheffield for a once monthly SKA night. It's in the early stages and i'm open to ideas so i thought i'd throw it out to you guys!

Any ideas would be very much appreciated you can either post them here or PM me. I'd also like to find out whether any of you guys would attend. if so let me know and i'll make sure theres a discount on the door for SF members.

So please get in touch.............

:hihi:

yeah, i'd go, got any venues interested?

I know a good few underground ska bands around the country, i could certainly get em up to play.

If I end up moving to Sheffield over the summer I will always be up for some ska nights :thumbsup:

club uniq are about to start a regular friday night commencing 7th april where DJ STEVIE WONDER will be playing the best of "way back when" old soul,ska etc if thats any help?

Hi all - just to let you all know, (in response to your ska desire in Sheffield!!) we're putting a gig on @ D'N'R Live on the 24th of May and playing for us we have, in my opinion, the best Ska band i've seen - BISON!!! They are a 10 man ska army who will be fresh back from their tour of Spain.

Fun for all the family!

Hope that helps your quest for Ska in Sheffield!

Many Thanks

-Opus Creations-

I'm not purposefully being thick, but what is a Ska ? And why is it called 'Ska'?

Never knew it was so diverse and had been along such a long time. I always thought Madness were one of the first bands through to the likes of Less Than Jake.

Still not my cup of tea but each to their own:thumbsup:

they play ska music in dnr live on club nites after gigs n stuff. by the way any1 goin to the hangmen n midnight bandits gig on 20th?