Are there any good Ska nights in sheffield?

Plan B this thursday 8th sep at the washington playing punk-ska-soul-reggae-two-tone-new-wave & 60's beat

There seems to be a reasonable amount of interest in ska on here. Maybe we could drum up enough interest in a ska 'meet' sometime?

Heard a rumour Lees Scratch Perry was going to be in town, maybe then?

As this is a ska thread thought i'd mention that FANDANGLE play the Casbah on Wednesday 14th September, £5 ADV from Jacks Records on Division Street (01142767093) or Selfworth Records in the Forum... they're really good ska-punk signed to MoonSka Europe, couple of ska bands supporting as well...

Also, if people want to start a ska night, we'd be interested in doing one down here, could do a monthly Thursday or something if people are interested?

I think the mighty BISON are playing in early october at DnR Live, we'll DEFINATELY have to check this one out. I'll try and get more info..

Bison are playing at the DNR Live on the 5th of October - it is under the Boardwalk.

They are playing at the Blind Centre on Mappin Street on the 23rd of September however.

http://www.allhailthebison.com

yep we are :) we played last night at the ruby lounge was anyone there?? Its was awesome, my first gig with em and it rocked. would be great to see you at thbe blind centre, will be a good one :D spread the word!!

i'm a drummer and into ska!!!!.

a few of the locals in one of the pubs i work in,(the sheffield arms upwell street) have asked if i'd do a ska night,ofcourse i said yes but no date as been sorted yet,when its arranged i'll put up the date.:thumbsup: would anyone off here like to get invovled i.e co-djin coz he might turn into an all day job.

Hello All,

Can anyone help me get in touch with Dan from above mentioned Blind Mole Rat??

This would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Jason

Plan B tonight at the washington 8ish-11ish

dj's Scott & Jamie Thompson & Mark Dale

playing punk-ska-soul-reggae-two-tone-new-wave & 60's beat