Who Believes in a 'God' type entity?

Do you Believe in a God type entity?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Do you Believe in a God type entity?

• Yes, GOD exists.
    • NO, that's just big sweaty pants IMHO
    • I believe in something there but not sure what.
    • I just worship alcohol.

When I visit Southern European countries where God and the church are part and parcel of every day life I envy their unquestioning belief. I walk round villages where all the front doors are left open, car windows kept open, bikes not padlocked to lamp posts etc and I wonder if their belief in God has something to do with this.

When I come back I never give God a second thought, how could God allow chavs to exist for a start?

The creations of what - also there is a problem with creation isn't there??

I mean If adam and eve were the first humans to walk the planet and they had two SONS?? How did we get here?

Where did the women come from - or does God now love us because of Incestuous relationships??

Moon maiden

Brilliant post MM!

Totally agree with you- how did we all spring from two blokes?

Now as Paul Daniels would say 'Thats Magic' .....

I dread to think what the religious fans on here are going to come up with though in order to shift the bible's meanings to give an answer.

When I visit Southern European countries where God and the church are part and parcel of folks lives I envy their unquestioning belief. I walk round villages where all the front doors are kept open, car windows left open, bikes not padlocked to lamp posts etc and I wonder if their belief in God has something to do with this.

When I come back I never give God a second thought, how could God allow chavs to exist?

doubt it. Crime still existed 100 years ago when believe in god was pervasive.

It still exists in America where many more people believe than here.

There's little evidence to suggest that believe in god as a society reduces crime.

More likely that the small strong communities of the places you are visiting keep the crime rate low.

Um...I am a christian..How about you?:)

Now whats this about nancy ? No replies to your thread so I guess people arent interested. What do I think about God ? I believe God exists in our hearts and souls. Its how we treat other people,and the good deeds we do,without bragging about it.I was brought up a Catholic,but now just call myself Christian.

there is no god

Are you an Athiest melthebell ? How do you know there is no God ?

I believe you all know what my answer is! I was brought up a Christian and went to C of E school. However, I also once believed in the Tooth-Fairy, The Bogeyman and, sorry but this will disillusion you all, Father Christmas! If you get pleasure, strength, comfort etc from your "God", thats fine. But for me its just the two dangly bits on a male.:P

I know a few people who think they are higher than GOD.

But i am just a devil in disguise

I believe you all know what my answer is! I was brought up a Christian and went to C of E school. However, I also once believed in the Tooth-Fairy, The Bogeyman and, sorry but this will disillusion you all, Father Christmas! If you get pleasure, strength, comfort etc from your "God", thats fine. But for me its just the two dangly bits on a male.:P

It's like you read my mind (or my previous posts) :hihi:

Are you an Athiest melthebell ? How do you know there is no God ?

lack of evidence for the existance of one.

Or more specifically any scientific hypothesis must involve predictable outcome which can then be measured against. The idea of God doesn't fulfil this criteria, thus it must always be based on faith, and not reason.

Hence the only logical conclusion is that there is no god.

Of course anyone who wishes to support the opposite argument will then attack science as being 'a religion' or faith based, which when it's all boiled out just isn't true.