Irritating chelsea tractor(4x4)drivers

4x4 drivers seem to think that keeping to the correct side of the white line is optional, especially on narrow, windy country roads. They'd far rather straddle the white line and let the poor sucker on the correct side of the road end up in the hedge/wall. They drive me absolutely mad, this happens almost every day.

4x4 drivers seem to think that keeping to the correct side of the white line is optional, especially on narrow, windy country roads. They'd far rather straddle the white line and let the poor sucker on the correct side of the road end up in the hedge/wall. They drive me absolutely mad, this happens almost every day.

Plenty of non-4X4 drivers do this too, especially women and learners.

:help:

:D

Where is this? I've never seen that any more than any other type of vehicle.

And here's me with my tiny ickle Hummer lol................

C'mon guys , a car's there to get you from A to B , i'm more aware of petrol prices atm, or is that another thread ? :)

I've seen that research, but it rather depends on how far you drive it - plus the Prius represents the quest to find a more-environmentally friendly way of motoring.

Clearly the Prius itself is not the answer, but it may lead to something that is.

But it doesn't. The Pius is more (apparently) environmentally damaging over its life cycle than a Range Rover. The only box that it ticks is the 'makes me feel good' one.

If we are really responsible then we will simply keep the vehicles that we have now. I've taken this decision and while you would hardly call my vehicles green by all populist analysis I'll still be greener than most.

Where is this? I've never seen that any more than any other type of vehicle.

Try driving across the Mayfield Valley twice a day. Even my little girl has noticed.

Lets face it, if you were going to be involved in a bad accident, you would rather be strapped into a Range Rover than a ******* Punto!

I know I would...

Wouldn't stop the poor bugger you hit being toast though...

I've just bough a 6 ton horsebox, cheaper to insure than a car,cheaper to VED than most cars. petrol 15mpg. But it isn't a 4x4, so i'll go about my pollution with the blessing of all the tree huggers.

both me and the wife (not orange) have 4x4's, hers is petrol mine is diesal and we get the exact same mpg. which just happens to be the same as a number of other cars that arent 4x4's we just get better ground clearance and if the weather turns there is no problem picking our child up from school.

What really does irritate me and a number of my non 4x4 owning friends is how bad people with small cars park, we have worked out that it is directly proportional that the smaller the car the worse the driver is at parking, the white lines are supposed to be at either side of the car not under the tyres.

Oh and global warming doesnt exist long term (statistically we are still in the ice age):evil:. there is no valid defendable trend to back it up. however there is documented evidence that the government are making a fortune out of it.

:evil:

Lets face it, if you were going to be involved in a bad accident, you would rather be strapped into a Range Rover than a ******* Punto!

I know I would...

So taking you logic we all get a 4x4 what are you going to do then to reassure yourself, get a even bigger vehicle, where does it all end.