Teh annoying txt/net speek gnration

well saying that you dont think i have it... tell that to all the psychologysts, and schools that have assessed me in my life... ADHD, with advanced learning difficulties, Dyslexia and Dyspraxia...

Interesting, I never realised 'Teh' was a dyslexia related thing, I thought it just came from typing too fast, I often do it and have to go back and correct myself. For some reason I can't get my fingers to type 'company' in the right order either, it always comes out 'copmany'.

Having said that I know plenty of people who type 'teh' deliberately because they think its amusing.

what teh ???? is everyone talking about

ok so that first teh was on purpose, I dont see what this is all about. some people type teh by accident like me sometimes and others do it because they have dyslexia so what. :loopy:

Can I just make something clear here..

There is a different between using

"teh/FTW/I'm in ur base killin ur d00dz"

and

"Hi hows ur mum. Say thx for the pres"

and

"How r u m8, im ome wiv ma bangin ova m8s"

The first is collections of phrases created with an almost cult-like status between gamers, irc users etc.

My Opinion: VALID

The second is abbreviation that was designed at random at the dawn of real-time text communication because of the need to type faster (minicom) or the need to reduce bandwidth/storage space etc (the origins of irc-like communication etc). It's not as valid today as, generally, these restrictions are no longer important - but I have no problem with its use.

My Opinion: Valid

The third is due to a generation of teenagers who could never spell in the first place who were bought mobile phones before they could walk just generally doing their best to communicate while attempting to sound cool.

My Opinion: A distasteful testiment to the state of UK society. INVALID

thank you alkatraz... that is exactly the point i was trying to make... but I struggle getting my point accross clearly...

:suspect:...........................................:suspect:

:roll:

Winemaster - one of my colleagues removed your previous post. I wouldn't have bothered, myself - I've already mentioned to you in two PMs that if you have issues with me, take it to the Heldpesk where Tony or EvildrNeil or Geoff can deal with it.

In the past you've baited a couple of forummers on here; if you don't want to get banned for that sort of behaviour, just don't do it. It isn't rocket science.

So - stop PMing me, go to the Helpdesk, and stop trying to get yourself a ban - it really is quite childish behaviour.

Closing.