Teh annoying txt/net speek gnration

wht is wit all teh annoying ltr swaps nd wrd shorterners, there is nothing more annoying thn attempting t read tht sort o thing, wrds such as "teh" came from IRC (internet relay chat) nd multiplayer online games, where ppl typo'd words, now they are bcomin common place, nd im honestly getting tired o seeing them

anyone agree? ;):P

Yes totally agree, but each time i ask a similar question I get banned :roll:

It's a two sided coin though. Yeah, it's irritating, but if it didn't exist we wouldn't be able to take the mick out of those that use it. It's worth the tradeoff for me.

Oh yes.

I've lost count of the number of emails I've had from large multinational companies that look like a chimp has just bashed the keyboard a few times before accidentally pressing the send key :loopy:

I even punctuate and spell correctly when I sms :D

LOL!

ROFLMAO!

This post FTW.

Etc.

honestly, i dont mind acronyms, or abbreviations like thoes, ROFLMAO is a little much, but LOL, BRB, etc are (in my opinion) ok... as they arent purposful mis-spellings, such as "teh"...

as they arent purposful mis-spellings, such as "teh"...

I wouldn't call someone who has mild form of dyslexia spelling "teh" on purpose.

A snippet in the link I've given says this...

Typical dyslexic spelling errors include

Letter/word reversal – the > teh; was >saw

I wouldn't call someone who has mild form of dyslexia spelling "teh" on purpose.

A snippet in the link I've given says this...

Typical dyslexic spelling errors include

Letter/word reversal – the > teh; was >saw

i have mild dyslexia, however spelling every occurance of "the" as "teh" isnt dyslexia... if you have it, you see you do that, you make a concious effort to correct it, I some times accidentally type it as 'teh' but i have now learned to re-read, and correct my mistakes...

im not talking about the odd occurance, its when every one is spelled in such a way..

Oh yes.

I've lost count of the number of emails I've had from large multinational companies that look like a chimp has just bashed the keyboard a few times before accidentally pressing the send key :loopy:

I even punctuate and spell correctly when I sms :D

So do I, OK it might cost me more for sending more words but I don't care.

i have mild dyslexia, however spelling every occurance of "the" as "teh" isnt dyslexia... if you have it, you see you do that, you make a concious effort to correct it, I some times accidentally type it as 'teh' but i have now learned to re-read, and correct my mistakes...

im not talking about the odd occurance, its when every one is spelled in such a way..

Unless you're trying to prove a point, we did the 'use and abuse of English' to death on a thread yesterday.

The 'teh' thing is soemthing that I do try and deal with, but it is indicative of mild dyslexia, along with things like bd reversal. If you can stop your self and correct it, that's great.

However, I sometimes genuinely don't see the error. The first editor I had when writing technical books had his work cut out with me.

And Winemaster - your problem is that you just like trolling - that's why you keep getting banned.

txt spk shld b banned 4eva.

my daughter teaches English, she meets her new classes next week.

part of her introduction - the first person to hand in homework with textspeak get detention.

abbreviations and acronyms are part of everyday life.

mis spelling and grammar mistakes whilst frustrating are just that mistakes.

which is also a comment used by some parents.

i have mild dyslexia, however spelling every occurance of "the" as "teh" isnt dyslexia...

Just because you say you have it doesn't make you an expert. Read up some sites because they go against what you claim isn't dyslexia on the word "teh".

if you have it, you see you do that, you make a concious effort to correct it, I some times accidentally type it as 'teh' but i have now learned to re-read, and correct my mistakes...

Judging by what you've written I don't think you have it and even if you did, what works for you doesn't work for the next person. A person who has dyslexia, cannot see there is something wrong with words that they make mistakes on. Even if they re-read what they have written time and time again they still will not see something is wrong.

That makes it even more convicing that person has some form of dyslexia.