Film Crew - Redmires

On your walk did you notice how low the resovoir was, also the deep well (circle well) just as you come in the redmires looked pityful with no water running into it.

On your walk did you notice how low the resovoir was, also the deep well (circle well) just as you come in the redmires looked pityful with no water running into it.

The top reservoir is pretty empty - acres of mud.

The top reservoir is pretty empty - acres of mud.

The reservoirs are being emptied in turn for maintenance work to be carried out.

The film crew were filming for a new film thats due out next year called HUSH. It's about smuggling.

The film crew were filming for a new film thats due out next year called HUSH. It's about smuggling.

That's right, but did you know that the film is supposed to be set in Medieval Beirut, but they're filming it in Lodge Moor as it looks more like Medieval Beirut than modern-day Beirut does?

Went out there this morning. There are bright green arrows with "loc" written on them all the way up Redmires Road. They've now got all the sandy, bumpy bit leading up to the path to Stanage full of vehicles cordoned off with cones. The grass verge alongside the reservoirs has been badly churned up by something with very big tyres - I'm wondering if they've tried to park there or turn. They have a security guard who doesn't understand English (he certainly doesn't understand the word "walk") making all the cars turn round and stopping walkers going up there! Surely they can't actually do that - if someone wanted to walk straight past him he couldn't stop them could he? It's not private land! Anyone feeling in a stroppy mood this morning?! I don't mind them filming but they can't stop us walking!!! Remember the mass trespass!! Freedom!!! O.K........ I'm all right now....calming down....

That's right, but did you know that the film is supposed to be set in Medieval Beirut, but they're filming it in Lodge Moor as it looks more like Medieval Beirut than modern-day Beirut does?

Hope they've got tough actors who can cope with the un-beirut-like weather up there - pretty cool this morning

Is this a WARP X film? i saw a job offer recently for a production called HUSH, and im sure it was from WARP?

the job offer was for assistant editor, think it was from SYFN. The extra's job sounds interesting though - and this production company made my two favourite films, Dead Mans Shoes and This is England. Would be great to work for them, i think i might get in touch.

Shame it wasnt Beirut of the 70s, Sheffields full of estates that would fit that bill.