Problem with my bf's kid

I'm a bit fed up with bf's son (at 6). I've posted a thread about it. Really dont know what's wrong with him.

Briefly, this young lad is rough. He always punches people without reason, wees himself because of his laziness to go to tiolet, and always asks for gifts / new toys. He's like a pest to annoy people around him. Me and my bf have been trying different ways to "sort him out". However, sometimes he's good. Sometimes he's back to be a pest.

I have to admit that this really holds me back from my relationship with my bf. It's not his fault but I am not sure if I am capable of or having any courage to manage this "problem". What should I do?

Sounds like alot of attention seeking to me, I read your other thread (thought he was 7 :huh: ) alot of it may be down to rule differences in both houses, Mum has one set of rules and Dad has another.

Does he speak with his ex? maybe they should be working together to sort these behaviours out.

This does sound like attention seeking. My dh has 2 kids & between them they have at times done all of these things. Often following trauma/rows between mum & dad. All you can do is work hard together to make them feel loved & secure & try to teach him that good behaviour gets better rewards. It does work but it takes a long time.

Wetting himself sounds like insecurity not laziness.

It is really hard taking on a ready made family & you do have to be prepared to put a lot of work in. I don't mean this to sound harsh but if you think you can't then you are best getting out now. If you can stick at it though the rewards are fantastic. My stepkids live with us now & although we have the usual ups & downs they have come on so much in the last few years.

Sorry - managed to post same thing twice but ot sure how to delete it altogether