Please recommend a garage for cosmetic repair to campervan

hiya,

on the way to a wedding on saturday we got lost, hubby got stressed and reversed into a wall:rant:

the rear left hand door is dinted and the bumper is buggered.

Obviously being on maternity leave and having a little one means that cash is rather tight so I need to get the repairs done as cheeply as possible but not a botched job either;)

can anyone recommend a garage / person who could do this for us????:help:

Thanks

Depends on what campervan it is and who it's made by. If it's a full coachbuilt and the damage is serious you'll have to head back to the manufacturer or dealershhip.

However, if it's a conversion and/or just superficial damage to standard parts that just head to a standard bodyshop, of which I'm guessing there are probably a few recommended on here. I'll go and have a look.

its a fiat ducato van conversion about the size of a transit van. the parts (i presume) would be standard to that type of vehicle irrespective of whether its a campervan or not. Its just that the vehicle is heavier than a standard van (max gross weight is 3 tonnes)

In which case you should be fine with a normal bodyshop. What model is it?

All I know is its a fiat ducato 2.3 jtb diesel - trigano tribute campervan.

here's a pic of it before it got damaged (when we rescued it from the sheffield floods)

http://hitched.photobox.co.uk/album/4730457

motorhome dealers at deepcar should be able to do the job dont know the road name sorry ... its just before you turn off for stocksbridge :)

just wondered if anyone knoew anywhere that they could recommed from experience and also that aren;t too pricey....?

take it thats a no then - tried deepcar motorhomes and they dont do these kind of repairs

hi

I bought my camper from Wellhouse Motors in Huddersfield (they used to be next door to the deepcar place but they've now moved).

They have a mechanic on site and may be able to help. Ask for David Elliot.

d.elliot@btinternet.com

x