'Dolebusters' in Weston Park

Does anyone remember going to any of the ‘Dolebusters’ events in Weston Park in the 1980s? We’d like to know the dates they took place, who performed and who went along. Any details or photographs would be appreciated.

If you visit http://www.westonpark.org.uk/yourwestonpark and click on the ‘join in’ link, you can add your stories or photographs directly to the Your Weston Park project website.

I went to one in (I think) 1985. Performers included Criminal Sex (skinhead punks from Chesterfield), Hole In The Wll (also known as Spoon and one one occasion Five Go Rhino Hunting), Flexible Penguins (featuring Captain Lard, now of the Rex Pistols), and Henry Normal as compere.

The bands outnumbered the audience by about 2 to one, as it was a cold miserable Saturday. I don't have any pictures but somebody made a film of it. I've never seen it but I was the scruffy looking one in the denim jacket at the front of the stage. No change there then.

I can remember seeing the brilliantly named "F*** City Sh*tters" and "The Bland" (with Chesterfield's answer to Johnny Rotten singing if I recall) - but dont recall that many people being there - think it was about 86??