Did anyone go to Westways School?

Hi all, I was just reading through this thread and remembering the good old days. I cant believe that no one remembers the Ledgers on Mona road. I loved westways and the teachers. I loved playing rounders in the play ground and sports days.

It is really sad to hear about Mr Ellison, He was a good teacher.

I remember the Ledger family. Stephen was in my year at Westways and through King Edwards. They lived opposite my best friend Janette Yeomans.

I remember the Ledger family. Stephen was in my year at Westways and through King Edwards. They lived opposite my best friend Janette Yeomans.

Im his sister. There were so many kids on Mona i think we filled half of westways lol

Im his sister. There were so many kids on Mona i think we filled half of westways lol

I remember Gillian Bloomer, Joanne Crafer, Michael Aldred and Alisdair Monson all living on Mona, think some others did too-popular road so close to the school!

mumsyx

there were lots of kids that lived on mona road where i lived that you may remember....jane aldred,jane simpson,jane townsend,peter wall,andrew peckett,chris gordon,sarah,vicky,wendy derbyshire,ruth briggs,david ward,dean murphy oh the list is endless!

hi tia1803, dont know if your still following this thread, but i am one of the names mentioned above. lived at number 100... can you put the photos of the street party on the web as i would like to see all the old faces. by the way since you remember me what is your name? thanks

o yeah i remember davenport at westways and his stupid slipper (ouch!!!)

Edited by lepp

which name above are you then????

i am tracy...lol

I remember Gillian Bloomer, Joanne Crafer, Michael Aldred and Alisdair Monson all living on Mona, think some others did too-popular road so close to the school!

mumsyx

hi mumsy, i remember them names. anybody hear anything from alistair monson, i used to live opposite him, think i remember he moved back to scotland if my memories correct. (probably not)

all the best lepp

mr davenport was ace, but scary at the same time, anyone remember the nicholsons?

hi mumsy, i remember them names. anybody hear anything from alistair monson, i used to live opposite him, think i remember he moved back to scotland if my memories correct. (probably not)

all the best lepp

Yes Alisdair did move back to Scotland-not heard anything since he left, did see his brother in Romeos back in the mid-late 80's a few times but thats all,

mumsy

Hi bunglefuzz

I was a good friend of Cheryl's when I was at school. I lived on Conduit Road. Which one is your mum? One of the sisters used to live down Walkley and I see David and his Dad around in Crookes alot.

entry removed

Edited by Blondie_C

Hi there Lois, I only heard about this from a friend at work who'd spotted my name on this forum. Loads to ask - are you still living in and around Crookes? Married? Kids? Usual nosey stuff! I can clearly recall life at Westways but not a second at KES - I think I'd discovered men by then :)

Hi Blondie,

Thanks for your message, I'm living in Walkley at present and I have one daughter who is 20 now and at Huddersfield University. Used to be married but divorced now and with a new partner. How about you?

come on you lot....lets have some more memories and keep this thread going! xx