Wednesday Season Tickets

Whether I'd managed to drag myself away from the Hemlock in the New Barrack Tavern for a 12:45 kick off, would have been a more appropriate question!

You reckon there were 17,000 + the 559 Wurzels in there do you?

It didn't look like 17,000 from where I was sitting.

I might have made it to the Wolves game as well if it had been on a Saturday ; and not 1.30 on a Sunday because

A) the first train on A Sunday from where I was that week doesn't get into Sheffield until 15:07

and

B) It was my nephew's christening that day.

I see what you mean about the "cracks" in the club - and I don't just mean in the concrete of the old ticket office floor.

PS. At half time on Saturday I did hear the first explanation, as to how the photo ID in the season ticket might have been useful.

It would have helped them identify any flood victims.

The club has lost its way.... from the chairman down to the last supporter.... we need a good kick up the arse! I know 1 thing for a fact though, if i didnt av a season ticket and saved a little on the match day price.... would i still go?? pay £25 on the gate for that?? Think/Know NOT!

The club has lost its way.... from the chairman down to the last supporter.... we need a good kick up the arse! I know 1 thing for a fact though, if i didnt av a season ticket and saved a little on the match day price.... would i still go?? pay £25 on the gate for that?? Think/Know NOT!

Not sure I agree with the last supporter - maybe you meant the lost supporter?

Even worse, it's £27 on the day in the South Stand !

It seems like they are encouragaing people to stay away, as Mikey10 had intimated.

We have the Hillsborough equivalent of the San Andreas fault.

The crack spreads from the Directors' box, across the halfway line, to where it is noticable in the old ticket office.

The only good point from Saturday (after leaving the Tavern) , was I liked the look of Esajas. 99% of times, his free kick that hit the Brazilian keepers' leg, whilst he was diving the wrong way would have gone in.

We had a right laugh on saturday. There was nobody there, the footy was poor and the atmosphere was the worst since i can remember. The lads in the north stand kept standing to sing. Er what did the stewards do? yip thats right started to throw them out. the club obviously doesnt want us there, think we may oblige. the season tickets are going on the pitch soon. nothing to do with the team, manager or supporters, we're just so disillusioned wih the security measures.

We had a right laugh on saturday. There was nobody there, the footy was poor and the atmosphere was the worst since i can remember. The lads in the north stand kept standing to sing. Er what did the stewards do? yip thats right started to throw them out. the club obviously doesnt want us there, think we may oblige. the season tickets are going on the pitch soon. nothing to do with the team, manager or supporters, we're just so disillusioned wih the security measures.
AS for the security at the club....(remember i did work there) standing is a big no no, as it is at many grounds now, got tickets for PNE with a no standing warning so its nothing new is it, but i do feel that things have got out of hand a little, but 90% isnt down to the club.... is on the advice of the police.... still makes me laugh.. all the areas that are closed to fans (SEATS COVERD OVER) on the north and south stands... thats all down to the adice of southyorkshires finest!

The north stand boys are to blame for a lot of things that the club has changed, the photo id etc... they want to make the ground a family stadium, and crowd saftey comes first etc etc... my own view is..... it would help if all the stewards spoke English!;)

Does anyone know how many we sold for this season? I've heard a rumour that the new I.D. scheme has been a disaster and we've sold less than 10,000 for the first time. Sundays attendance seems to confirm this.

I noticed that there were a lot less stewards than last season as well. That seems strange seing how the club said safety was the reason the I.D. scheme was brought in.

Anyone any idea whats happening?

There'll have been as many season tickets sold as what you'll find at the base of trees - complete with nail holes.:hihi: