Sheffield's Gay Zone

It could be a marketing ploy - get them in (using whatever means available), show them a good time and then they will come back.....

You've got to be confident in the ability to show people a good time though. I've already posted what I thought so I won't start slagging it off, but I have my doubts.

I know I spend much more than £10 when I go out and the range of drinks is fairly wide so that's good. But if I ever go to Dempseys on a night out, or in fact any club, it's usually to dance off the amount I've drunk beforehand with maybe one or two more...

FAB FRIDAYS (FREE BAR) ENTRY £10 Members £12 Non Members

Starting Friday 16th November

SEE WEBSITE FOR FULL DETAILS (HEATING SYSTEM IS ALL UP AND RUNNING)

FAB FRIDAYS (FREE BAR) ENTRY £10 Members £12 Non Members

Starting Friday 16th November

SEE WEBSITE FOR FULL DETAILS (HEATING SYSTEM IS ALL UP AND RUNNING)

sounds like FAB, wont be afloat much longer.

adam goes away on his holidays, and look what happens!

is it just me or is this to try and steal Climax people, as this new price night starts on the same night. :suspect::suspect:

is it just me or is this to try and steal Climax people, as this new price night starts on the same night. :suspect::suspect:

Well there's nothing wrong with that is there? A business trying to offer something to compete with a successful one?

Although i am not the biggest fan of having to go out to attercliffe to go to a gay club and have never been to FAB i do have to defend at this point. The Drinks promo of £10 in is a marketing tool used to get people in to the club and is generally good one to use, i dont think that it is closing down or in danger of, they are just using something that will 1. bring the punters in on a quiet night and 2. get people new and old in. This is something that was used in a club near to where my parents live, up north, and they have been charging £15 for the night and are still doing this promo 8 years later every Friday night and the club is heaving.

So i would say that they are not in trouble just trying something new and as ever we have to moan and immediately think/assume in a negative way, just go if you want dont if you dont want, just stop moaning for god sake!

No-one's been particularly negative though, just commenting. Certainly in the grand scheme of things around here people have been very well behaved recently.

It's a good marketing ploy sure, I think the point people are making is that most posters acknowledge they drink more than £10 worth of drinks on a night out, particularly a Friday night (whereas perhaps on a weekday night people are more restrained as they usually have work the next day; also the operating hours of a club during the week are less, so you curb the loss somewhat).

If it takes off then it is currently leaving FAB with only one night a week to recoup the potential losses made on drinks. Of course, I don't know the costs and such so I am only using it as an assumption.

There is also the risk that with only two nights to choose from, people will choose to drink what they can on a Friday night and go elsewhere on a Saturday night. As has been said, getting people in is one thing, ensuring they come back to support the venue other nights of the week is quite another.

I don't see that as being negative, just observations.

I wonder how long it will be until the only free drinks are

VHF

or

House vodka - (£1 for a splash)

well the door fee on fridays was £4 so that means its only £6 for drinks...gr888888888

well the door fee on fridays was £4 so that means its only £6 for drinks...gr888888888

Not if you are a member and get there before 11.00 which is free.

Now it has become £10, for those who drive, and dont drink thats quite expensive isn`t it.

This is a observation, and not a moan.

Not if you are a member and get there before 11.00 which is free.

Now it has become £10, for those who drive, and dont drink thats quite expensive isn`t it.

This is a observation, and not a moan.

agreed.

what if people just want to come out for an hour or so, and maybe have 1 or 2 drinks? are they still forced to pay this £10 fee to get in?

ill stick with dempseys/ others..

Darren, not all of us were being negative or moaning:shakes:. Constructive negativity is not always a bad thing. We were simply giving our opinions relating to our own individual set of circumstances regarding the Friday night £10 entry/Free Bar promo.

There were some comments from the usual 'Grim Reapers':evil: for sure, but alot of us posting our opinions are 'fans' of the new club, so hopefully the owners/management will take those comments on board, as they are from their existing clientele who like the club.